seven; go time

Kalani-

"Bye mom," I said, hopping out of the car.

"Bye sweetie, have a good day." She smiled.

Oh I knew I was.

I checked my phone, the last dm from Maddie that read, meet by my locker at 7:45.

It was 7:37. And Kendall always got here around now, so I'd have to hurry if I was going to avoid her. I wondered why the populars avoided us all the time, but then again, they only payed attention to the really cute guys who were smart and sporty.

I walked into the school with a new coat if confidence on. A new face that people were going to remember. I was going to make myself known at this school and luckily Maddie had seen me and plucked me to be part of her group. It was terrifying yet so compelling that I was so distracted I almost walked into a locker.

Maddie's locker was at the end on the hall in the science wing, right were all the boys hung out. I rounded the corner and almost walked right into a football player.

"Whoa there little lady, watch it." He said nudging me out of the way. As he turned his back, I read the name above the number 36. Hyland.

That meant two things. Josh Hyland was super cute. And two, Paige was here.

I raced to the locker and took a deep breath as I caught a glimpse of Paige's bright blond hair.

"Hey!" I smiled as I got close.

Paige smiled big and said hey back.

"Maddie is coming. She is fixing her hair with Chloe in the bathroom." She said while fixing her skirt. "Cute shoes."

I looked down at my converse and smiled back at her.

Maddie and Chloe rounded the corner and as soon as they saw me they whispered and smiled.

"Hey!" I said again.

"Hello!" Chloe replied, tilting her head to the side.

Maddie shot me a small smile and came in for a hug.

"You look cute." She cooed and fixed a strand of my hair that was sticking up.

"Okay, down to business. Welcome to our group. First rule, absolutely no contact with Kendall or Nia. At all. We just think you'll be better off, plus-" Maddie stopped and glanced at Paige. "Plus, you can't associate yourself with anyone below your social level. We are taking a big risk adding you."

Chloe nodded in agreement. "If they try to talk to you just say sorry, who are you? And walk away. It's easy."

I nodded, taking in her every word as we walked to the outside corridor. We walked passed where the group of JV football players stood and they watched us walk by. Josh was there. They smiled and Maddie brushed them off, and I couldn't help but notice Chloe's lingering glance in their direction.

Maddie stopped abruptly and the rest of us stopped also. She leaned against the wall, playing with the end of her softly curled hair.
"What's your first period class?" Paige asked.

"Chemistry." I replied.

"With Josh?" Chloe answered quickly and Paige smacked her.

"Uh, yeah." I leaned to one side.

She smiled and Paige rolled her eyes.
"Chloe's got a crush. For like ten years."

I sunk into my shoes. I didn't want to get on their bad sides this soon so I nodded like an idiot again.

"With who?" Maddie asked.

"Burton." I answered at the same time as Chloe.

Paige and Maddie gave her a funny look.

"What? Never underestimate the power of a girl with a crush." She tilted her head to the side making her straight hair flop against her maroon top.

I giggled and tugged on my bag strap.

"Burton, Burton," Maddie looked deep in thought. "Nope, not with anyone worthy."

"Worthy of what?" I asked.

"You to date, silly" Paige answered.

A smile spread across my face slowly and I bit my tongue.

"Do you have any classes with Mark Sweeney?" Maddie asked.

"Yeah, I have English with him and Nia." I replied.

"Oh, that's problematic." Paige said, looking at Maddie.

"What period?"
"4th"

"Okay, so after break but before lunch, so meet here at brunch okay? The bell is going to ring in a few. Don't talk to anyone besides the boys who I've classified as a date-able group already. Be a bitch today, quit the innocent act." She smiled. "See you at break."

And I smiled too.

And the bell rang and I was off to Chemistry with Josh Hyland.

~

kalani is in? i guess you'll find out
update soon!

-l xx