two; revenge is a dish served sweet

Kendall-

I rushed out of the bathroom, my heart pounding a thousand miles an hour and my hands sweating like waterfalls.

I just insulted Madison Ziegler.

I stopped at my friend group to be greeted with gaping mouths.

"You just yelled at Maddie Ziegler." My friend Brittany finally said.

I nodded. My hands were shaking. They all started laughing a little bit.

"Do you realize what this means? It means they are going to hate us forever!" Peyton said.

"Yeah. It was so worth it!" My closest friend Nia said. She grabbed my arm and we walked off to class.

As we walked down the hall I saw Maddie, Chloe and Paige. They had the same first period class as I did. I looked at Nia who whispered good luck.

I looked back at her and smiled nervously.

Deep breaths Kendall. It's just them.

I walked past them as confidently as I could.

Chloe scoffed at me and whispered to Maddie. I sat down in my seat to hear a squish.

I hopped out of my seat to see chocolate pudding in my seat and all over my butt.

Maddie, Chloe and Paige burst out laughing. The whole class looked at me and I could feel my face burn bright red. I excused myself to the bathroom where I grabbed a paper towel and wiped as much of the brown goo off of my leggings as possible. I wanted to cry. How did they get pudding anyways? The door opened and in walked a defeated Paige. She rolled her eyes and walked towards me.

"I'm sorry." She said slowly and she sounded annoyed. Paige flashed me a fake smile quickly and walked out.

I bit my lip. Fake apologies? The teacher must have seen. Paige couldn't ruin their near perfect reputation with the teacher. It made me want to throw up.

I managed to get most of the pudding off of my butt. It still looked gross and I hoped that they would leave me alone if I did the same. But if you messed with the populars, you never heard the end of it. Why did I do it anyways?

Because I was tired of feeling defeated all the time.

Paige-

We were laughing so hard when Mr. Burkes walked in. Kendall had ran out of the room and he saw us laughing.

"What's so funny girls?" He asked.

We tried to stifle our laughs but I lost it and snickered a bit. He saw Kendall's seat covered in pudding with a butt-print in it. we had gotten the pudding from the cafeteria supply that Maddie had the key to.

"Ha ha. Very funny girls, Paige, go apologize." He said with a smile on his face.
I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon, Mr. Burkes. You know it was funny. Besides, she was being a bitch to us." I signaled to Maddie and Chloe.
He smirked.

"Just because you said that word, you have to go apologize now. You just have to say sorry."

I sighed and Maddie pushed me forward. I slowly walked out and into the bathroom. Kendall was wiping tears and chocolate pudding off her face. I rolled my eyes yet again.

"I'm sorry," I managed to say finally.

She glared at me and I saw her bottom lip tremble. I wasn't as mean as Maddie. She used to be everyone's best friend. Until that day, and ever since, she was miserable, and took her anger out by being mean to almost everyone except us because we were her best friends. She was a good friend to us. Just not at school. I flashed a quick smile at her and walked out.

Maddie and Chloe were wiping up the pudding and whispering. Everyone else was talking and working on their projects that were due next week. Mr. Burkes motioned to them and I giggled and joined them.

"Oh my god. She's such a loser. I can't believe she couldn't even take a joke." Chloe said.

"I know. And we are the ones who have to clean up after her mess." Maddie replied with a very annoyed look on her face.

"She was crying," I said.

Chloe and Maddie looked at me. Maddie started to laugh.

"Dude, I don't care." She said and playfully shoved me a little. Chloe gave me a look that said I feel bad for her. We did. But we laughed along because we wanted to support our best friend.

Kendall walked back into the class just as we finished. Mr. Burkes nodded at her and she tried to smile and sat with her group. The three of us sat at our table and we discussed our project plan until the period ended. We looked at each other and were about to walk out when Mr. Burkes stopped us.

"Girls, you know that I enjoy you all in my class. You all are great students, however I think you should be a little bit nicer to some of the other students. For example," He paused. "You know, with- uh- Kendall.." He almost choked her name out.

We all looked at each other. Chloe smiled.

"Yeah, we understand. It won't happen anymore we promise." She said.

"Good. Have a good day, girls." He waved us off and we walked out of the room.

"Not..." Chloe mumbled. We giggled.
My next class was English. I didn't have it with Maddie or Chloe but I did have it with Kendall.

She was already talking to Nia and her other friends and I decided to just ignore them, no matter how much I wanted to apologize. But Maddie wouldn't like that at all.

Nia walked over to me holding something. I was about to say I'm sorry but it all happened so fast. Nia slammed a cup of a half-drinken smoothie she probably made in cooking class into my chest and it spilled everywhere. I screamed.

"Oh no. It was an accident." Nia nagged. "I'm sorry." She added sarcastically like I did to Kendall.

I stood there covered in smoothie and I looked at Kendall who had her hand over her mouth. I pursed my lips.

"I will ruin you and your friends. Watch out, bitches." I warned Nia and I shook my head in Kendall's direction.

Realizing everyone was staring at me, I ran to the bathroom. I didn't cry though. Nia had a point. We, we're mean, and I didn't want to be mean anymore. I wish Maddie would be that happy girl she used to be.

~

hope you enjoyed this, thoughts?
-l xx