― 𝐢𝐢𝐢. Phoenix

CHAPTER THREE❝phoenix❞

CHAPTER THREE
❝phoenix❞

SELF-PRESERVATION.

Rosalie Allen sat at the table along with the Order members, enjoying a nice dinner with them prepared by Molly Weasley, who was always coming in and out of the kitchen at all hours of the day. She would admit that the woman made nice meals that filled her with warmth when their looks at her did not.

She knew what they thought of her; she was the girl with no business to be sitting with them, an enigma who would not reveal the answers to their every question they asked. She was the puzzle that would not be solved because she did not want to be. Dumbledore said to play nice with the Order of the Phoenix, but Rosalie saw no need for niceties.

Unlike with the Death Eaters, she was not trying to pry information from them. She was not going in to gain their trust and mold herself into being what they want to see so that she can hear everything that she needs to defeat them. No, every piece of information she needed she would gain from Dumbledore, who told her everything that she had to trade with the Death Eaters to keep herself in good standing with them.

And Rosalie Allen clad herself in red, staying away from any cool color that they would associate with a snake, making herself a wolf in sheep's clothing as to play nice as Dumbledore asked of her. She smiled and thanked Molly for the meals and she stayed with her uncle when he was around but retreated back to her room when he was not.

It was clear that they did not want her there and it was clear that she did not care. She did not have to gain their friendship, she just had to be complete her task. Her mission.

But she could not be outed. Being outed meant that they would tell everyone, either the world would know or they would kill her – do something so that she could never tell the Death Eaters anything or return to them. It would be the end to her life as a double agent for Dumbledore, it would be the end to her road towards glory.

So, she stayed in red and she played nice. Self-preservation, everything she had done before.

It was different. There were different adaptions she had to accommodate to. The Order was different than her father. Where she could avoid him most nights until three in the morning, always allowed to leave and go wherever she wanted, there was always someone at the house and escaping it was a challenge. Whenever she leaved there were questions and suspicious gazes. As she did not trust them, they did not trust her.

So she had to lie. Lied that she had a job, lied that she needed to go the store for personal hygiene reasons (though that could only be used once a month, so it was not very effective). She lied and she adapted, as she did at home when her father changed and forced her to as well.