A Familiar Face

"L-Levi?" Jean asked, nearly falling off his tree branch. "What're you doing here?"

"I came after you when you ran out of the cafeteria like a toddler having a tantrum." Levi answered, climbing the tree.

"Pfft, I didn't ask you to do that." Jean looked away from Levi and puckered his lip slightly.

"No," Levi admitted, finally resting on the branch right under Jean. "But your friends did." Jean looked down at Levi in surprise. "Yup," Levi nodded, answering Jean's unspoken question. "They asked everyone that saw you and Eren's little spat, which was everyone in the cafeteria by the way, and begged us to help them look for you." He smirked as he continued. "You left poor Eren shaken up. I'm pretty sure he's either on his way home or sitting in a corner with a blanket wrapped around him. I guess that's what he gets for being a naive asshole, huh?"

Jean looked at the shorter man. "What the hell?" Jean wondered. "Who is this guy?" He stared at Levi, analyzing the other man. "Uhh...yeah..." Jean murmured uncertainly.

"I think I've seen you somewhere." Levi stated, filling in the silence.

"You, too?" Jean asked. "Reiner said he recognized me too, I think it's just because we were in school together."

"No..." Levi thought about it, his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud voice.

"Jean! Levi!" the voice yelled. Jean rolled his eyes and jumped out of the tree.

"What, Yeager?" Jean asked, landing gracefully to his feet. Levi watched from above when a sudden realization hit him.

"We came to get you," Armin answered, coming out from behind Eren. Jean never diverted his glare from Eren. "You and Levi were the only two that no one saw." Armin continued.

Levi sighed and jumped from the tree, landing right beside Jean. Eren's expression automatically brightened. "Wipe that smug grin off your face." Levi growled, folding his arms impatiently. "Apologize to Jean."

Jean looked over at Levi in confusion. "Who are you? Eren's mother?" Jean looked back at Eren expectantly; for some reason Jean doubted that Eren would go against Levi.

Jean saw several emotions flicker across Eren's face; hurt, pride, defiance, and finally, Jean's favorite, defeat.

Eren turned to Jean reluctantly. "I'm sorry for the way I acted, I was being unruly and idiotic." Jean could practically feel the acid in Eren's tone.

Jean smirked and turned to Levi. "Well, it was nice to see you again." He shook Levi's hand and left. Jean laughed and walked back into the old brick building.

"Sa-" He started, looking for his friend, but before he could finish he had all of the air crushed from his lungs in a tight bear hug. "Hey, Sasha." He wheezed once Sasha had let him go.

"Where did you go?" She cried in an overly protective, motherly tone.

Jean scratched the back of his head. "Uh, nowhere."

Sasha rolled her eyes and took Jean by the sleeve. "Come on, we're going home." She pushed Jean into Connie's truck and moved to the other side of the car to call Connie. "Stay right here," She ordered, shutting the door.

Jean sat in the back seat obediently. A quick tap came to his window, and he looked out to see Levi. He opened the door and hopped out, moving a few parking spaces away from the truck. "What's up?" Jean asked once he thought they were a safe distance away from Sasha.

Levi straightened his back. "I would like to offer you management from my company and I." Jean took in Lev's words, it sounded like a compelling offer, if only he knew what the hell Levi was talking about. He gave Levi a questioning look. Levi started to explain. "I work for a modeling agency in New York and-"