Scene 2 - Growing Up

Time is flying by and Soarana is already able to go outside and play in the pasture with the other horses. As she ages, Soara learns much from her mother but it won't be too long before she has to take things at her own pace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A quick overview of the barns and pastures. The sun is shining brightly.)

Ellenstasia - Soarana what are you doing?

Soarana - I'm running mom. Look I'm flying.

Ellenstasia - That's very true, but you're not flying yet Soara.

Soarana - What do you mean mother? Horses can't fly.

Ellenstasia - Soara, what I mean is, God has given each horse his own set of wings, the challenge is to go out and show God's glory with those wings.

Soarana - (confused) I still don't understand how a horse can fly?

Ellenstasia - (sigh) It's a saying Soara. When they say a horse is flying, it means they are running so fast they could almost be flying. It's most often applied to race horses though.

Soarana - Will I ever be a race horse mother?

Ellenstasia - I don't know Soara. It all depends if our owners decide to try you out on the track or not.

Soarana - One day I'm going to be the greatest race horse ever.

Ellenstasia - Hmm. We'll see about that.

(Ellen nuzzles Soara before the young filly takes off running. A shot of the filly's running legs fades into adult legs running on a race track.)

Rider - (pulling the reins back gently) Woah Soara woah.

Woman - That was a good run out there Eli.

Eli - (leaning over to pat Soara's neck) Thanks Kora, but alll the credit should go to Soarana. She does all the work out there.

Soarana - (snorts)

Kora - (walks over to Soaranana and strokes her face) I can't wait to watch her race.

Eli - (petting Soara's neck) Me either.

Unknown - Ms. Rews! You have a phone call in the house.

Kora - Okay I'll be right there! Alright, get her taken care of please Eli and I suggest putting her in the pasture for now.

(As Kora leaves, Eli dismounts and leads the big bay mare out of the frame. Fade to black.)