Encounter with the First Pair ~

The Gym Guide of Saffron Gym showed me the way inside, but I declined. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out this white envelope. "Will you hand this over to Sabrina for me ?", I asked, as he took it from my hand, "Say that it's from Lunar. It's very important." The Saffron Guide nodded as he held it tightly in his hands. "I will do so", he replied, "But won't you come and greet Leader Sabrina ?" I looked around slowly before replying. "Not today", I replied, "But tell her I'll come back when I can." He nodded and I smiled. "Thank you", I told him, before turning around and walking off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While in Saffron City, I began thinking about where I wanted to go first. If I stayed in Saffron, then surely I'd see one of those selected trainers would find me. I thought about taking the Magnet Train to Jhoto, but then thought about flying to Viridian City. I knew that each choice was good, but in the end, I just chose to fly to Viridian. I walked to an area in Saffron where there weren't any people around and made sure that I was alone. Pulling out a Pokéball that was attached to my belt, I threw it forward. "Come on out, Pidgeotto", I said as this red beam of light came out from the Pokéball. The light took form and there stood Pidgeotto, who was stretching it's wings. "Pidgee", I said as I went over and pet it's wings, "Sorry for the long wait. Do you want to help me with something really quick ?" Pidgee nodded in agreement and stretched out it's wings so that I would be able to get on. "Vermilion City please ?", I asked as we started flying out of Saffron.

The trip to Viridian didn't exactly take that long, then again, it wasn't exactly that fast. It took some time, especially since we were flying from across the Kanto Region. When I got there, I was taken by surprise. The city seemed to be under some sort of lock down while a large group of Team Rocket Grunts were hanging around outside. "Pidgee", I said while looking down, "Can you land where we won't be spotted ?" Pidgee nodded it's head slightly as we made a slight turn to the right and landed behind this grove of trees. Dusting off my clothing, I turned to Pidgee and smiled. "Thank you", I said. Pidgee replied by nudging it's head on my shoulder. I grinned and pulled out it's Pokéball. "Return", I said, as a red light surrounded Pidgee before they both disappeared. I put the Pokéball back onto my belt and covered it with my flannel. Peering out from behind the bushes, I noticed that there were also trainers around, except that they were all tied together. I reached for another Pokéball on my belt and held it tightly in my hand. Automatically, it opened up by itself. 

"Piiiiikaaaaa !" I turned to the Pokémon that had come on out on it's own. This Pikachu, that had been with me since the very beginning. Pikachu walked over to me and climbed up onto my shoulder, since I had knelt down. "Pikachu", I said quietly, "What are you doing ?" "Chaaaaa", he replied, smiling. I sighed and collapsed onto the ground, causing me to sit down. I dug through my bag and pulled out this red plaid handkerchief and tied it around Pikachu's neck. It was so that I would able to recognize who Pikachu was. Then again, I really didn't need it, but it helped. Pikachu poked at it for a moment, before adjusting to it. I turned away from Pikachu and went back to staring at the group of grunts that guarded the city. I wonder how long they've been here.

Just as I was about to stand up, this hand grabbed my wrists. Turning around with surprise, I saw this boy wearing red. A very familiar looking boy. "Y...yeah....?", I asked slowly. The boy lifted a finger towards his lips to motion me to be quiet. I nodded as he pulled me to another area that was somewhat far from the city. When we were finally far enough, he took a deep breath. I looked around us and made sure that we hadn't been followed. 

"Excuse me", I asked softly, "What were you....?" The boy turned around and smiled. "Sorry, but", he said pointing towards Viridian City, "Team Rocket has gotten control over Viridian. It's not safe." I nodded my head slightly, Pikachu sticking close to me. "How long ?", I asked him. He thought about it before answering. "A while now", he replied. There was this rustling sound behind me as this girl in green emerged from the shadows. "Red !", she said, "There you are !" When she noticed me, she smiled. This girl too, she looked oddly familiar. "Leaf !", 'Red', said to her, "How are things on the other side ?" She shook her head. "It's the same", she replied. 

"Sorry but", I said to get their attention again, "Can someone explain ?" "Oh that's right !", the boy named 'Red', said, "You don't know." So apparently, it went like this. Around early dawn, something happened and Team Rocket somehow got a hold on the city. Now they have trainers and Pokémon trapped as captives. "What's your name ?", the girl asked me. 'Leaf', I suppose. "Mine ?", I asked, "My name is Lunar." "Lunar ?", the boy replied, "What a cool name." I nodded my head slowly, not knowing how to respond. "Well, my name is Leaf", the girl replied, "And his is Red." "Nice to meet you", he said with a grin. I grinned back. Standing up from the grass, I looked towards Viridian City. 

"I think I'm gonna go", I said, pointing towards the city. "But you can't go alone", Leaf said, "It won't be safe !" "Who said I was alone ?", I replied, looking behind me with a slight grin, "It'll be okay." "....Then take us with you." I stopped walking and stared at the two who were behind me. "Take us with you", Red said, with motivation in his eyes, "We want to help." I took a deep breath and smiled. "Are you sure about this ?", I asked as I heard their footsteps behind me, "This choice could even effect your life." It wasn't until they were beside me when they replied. "Yeah", they said, "We're sure." I sighed and thought about what I had thought about when I first saw them. 'Potential', I said. Very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what'll we do first Lunar ?", Leaf asked as the three of us peered into the city. "Easy", I replied, standing up and walking out into the open as if it were nothing, "I'll start off like this." I could hear Red and Leaf telling me to come back and hide frantically. 

"You there !", a grunt shouted as soon as I was spotted, "What are you doing here !?" I looked at the grunt and tried to act surprised. "Oops", I said, as I began leading them away, "I ddn't know....." That jog soon became a run as I tried not to get caught. About ten minutes after being chased, I gave up and pretended to trip on my own feet. I landed painfully on the ground as Pikachu jumped off my shoulder and ran off somewhere. "Caught you !", this grunt said as they grabbed my wrists, "You're coming with us !" I acted as if I had been defeated as they took me away. They took me to the place where they had tied down other trainers and took my Pokéballs. How like them to do so. 

'Now how will I do this.....', I asked myself, a smirk appearing on my face.