Part 6 - A turn for the better?

After I had rested for a couple of hours, I was free to leave.

"how are you feeling?" the doctor asked.

"yeah, I'm ok thanks." I replied, in a polite manner. He smiled and tried to cover up the akward atmosphere.

"just waiting on your mum to come." he said, trying to make conversation.

I rolled my eyes at his effort and then I replied, " yup."

I was waiting, hoping my mum would turn up soon.

"so how have you been?" he said, in another try to make a conversation

"well, ok I guess."

"why are you guessing?" he questioned, making the atmospher a little less akward.

"well I mean, for a kid living in a social home, I'm doing okay." I said, speaking about my life freely.

"clearly." he said, giggling, pointing to my head. I laughed.

"no, this was just an accident I had. I fell down the stairs when I had a good idea."

he stared at me blankly, wondering if I was serious. He looked really confused, and then started laughing.

"hahaha!" he roared with laughter. I sat down in embarrasment. He was really good looking. He had brown, spiked hair and brown eyes that suited his figure well. He was quite tall, but his shiny, pointy shoes contributed to this. He had a white robe on, and a stethascope that hung round his neck. But he was out of the picture, right?

"how old are you?" I asked, hesitantly.

"well I'm actually 19. I went to university early because I was just too good at all my work." he bragged. "I practically tought the lessons." I raised an eyebrow in suprise.

"shocked?" he asked.

"ofcourse, how did you achieve this?"

"I don't even know. I just did."

we sat in silence after that "question-and-answer."

"where is your mum?" he asked.

"if I knew, I wouldn't be here still would I ?" I replied.

I broke the line I knew there was and said, "you're really good looking."

then I realized what I said. He realized what I said aswell, and the akwardness came back.

"thanks."

more akwardness.

"you are too."

wait, what? The cutest doctor in the hospital called me good looking? Kind of. But i was still happy. We started at eachother for a while, then he thrust himself on to me and we started to kiss. It was nice. Then I thought to myself, is this right? I imagined all the possibilities of us if my mum had walked in, but I continued to kiss him. It was a long, sloppy he until he finally pulled away. Blood rushed to his cheecks as he blushed. I'm guessing mine did too.

Akwardness filled the air yet again.

I felt flirty, I felt like this was my chance. I got up and rumaged through the drawers and tried to find out pen. And in large numbers I wrote my phone number on his hand. He smiled, kind of.

I sat back in bed and waited some more for my mum to come. I thought she would be here by now. I saw him take his phone out and copy my number into it, I smiled as I saw this.

Was this the start of something new?

Was it right? I mean I was 15 and he was 19.

But then again 4 years wernt nothing compared to some people I knew. One couple had 30 years between them. I'm sure 4 years wasn't going to be so bad, ain't that right? NO.

There were laws against it! If I was striding for that normal life I wanted, he couldn't be apart of it, could he?

Mum finally came, then the doctor smiled and left the room. As I left the hospital these thoughts ran riot through my head. What was I to do?