Best of Friends

Nichole stood in front of the entrance of the fair. She arrived five minutes early, obviously scared of being late. She leaned against the fence and played a few games on her phone. Not even a few minutes later, Alex also arrived to his destination. He seemed to be panting a bit as he walked over to Nichole. Nichole looked up from her phone and smiled brightly at Alex. “You are here a little early..” He mumbled, looking away. Nichole shrugged then giggled. “I hate being late for things. Its better to be safe then sorry.” She said as Alex nodded and mumbled sorry under his breathe. “Nah, don’t worry about it. I only been here for a few minutes anyways so i haven’t been here long.” Nichole said and Alex nodded again. “Shall we go in..?” Nichole questioned and a small smile crept onto Alex face. “Thats sounds like a great idea.” Alex said and Nichole giggled.

After they got in, the two went to get a small snack. Nichole got an Elephant ear as Alex got some ice cream. They walked around, talking a bit. “Would you rather have the power poke of death or the power fart of death?” Nichole asked as she looked up into Alex’s eyes. He looked at her weirdly then let out a soft chuckle. “Fart of death…?” He question which made Nichole burst into laughter and snort a little. “Yes! Like you fart and it kills everyone around you. “ She said, letting out a small snort at the end. Alex laughed and shook his head. “You're so weird...But i would pick the poke of death. So like i can poke someone and whisper ‘Death’. Then they would be like...dead” Alex said. “I like the sound of poke of death..” Nichole giggled. “What should we do after we are done eating?” She asked as she was almost down with her Elephant ear. “How about the haunted house?" He suggested.

Thinking a bit, Nichole nodded excitedly, basically bouncing in excitement. "I just love haunted houses! I like scary things also." She smiled happily. Rolling his eyes,smiling Alex ruffled Nichole's hair."As so I....as so I..." he said as they began walking towards the haunted house. They handed their tickets to the worker then went inside. The door shut behind them, leaving them in complete darkness. Nichole scooted closer to Alex as they walked down the dark hall. “Scared?” Alex whispered into Nichole’s ear, which she made a small noise. “ Pft. You wish pretty boy” She smirked, earning a chuckle. The lights came on, showing crismon sappy like liquid running down the walls. Alex looked at it and smiled just a bit. “Fake blood. Oh so sca-” he was cut off by Nichole’s scream. He looked over to see a bloody clown with a chainsaw.

Grabbing Nichole’s hand, Alex ran the opposite way of the murderous clown. “These people are insane!” Nichole ran along with Alex, shaking her head. “More insane than me…” Alex grumbled under his breath as he took a sharp turn. “You can run but you can’t hide!” A raspy but loud voice came from the clown that chased behind them. “This is not okay!” Nichole voice contained what sounded like fear. Alex jerked into a stop. In front of him was a body. It swayed side by side, hanging from a rope. Nichole held her unpreoccupied hand up to her mouth. She absolutely bewildered. “A-Alex i’m scared.” She whispered as she turn to see the clown slowly walking towards them. “A-And we need to get out of here fast!” She pulled on Alex’s hand and moved past the swaying body. She took a right, then a left, then went straight, though finally, came to an end. “I told you didn’t I?” The clown let out a low chuckle with a wicked grin upon his face. The lights began flickering as the clown came closer, and closer, and closer.

Nichole and Alex screamed as the floor underneath them opened and they slide out of the haunted house. Nichole got up and looked at Alex. “We are not going back in there.” She said and Alex let out a soft laugh. “But, the clown just needed a hug” He said. “Then forget it. He can go hug a cactus for all I care” She crossed her arms, smiling silly at Alex. “okay, okay...lets go get on some rides okay?” He chuckled and Nichole bounced in excitement. “Now that sounds like a plan!” She smiled happily.

After a few rides, a lot of winning prizes and stuffing their faces with fair food, the day finally came to an end. Nichole held the stuff panda in her arms as Alex carried a monkey. “I really had fun today..thank you” Nichole looked up at Alex and smiled softly. “No problem” He smiled back at her. They made it to the entrance of the fair and turned to each other. “ I will talk to you tomorrow?” Nichole tilted her head. “Sure, but no kiss?” Alex smiled, joking around. “Maybe next time, I don’t fall people THAT easily” She giggled and hugged him. His eyes widen then he hugged back. After a bit, the two separated from each other, feeling colder than usual. “Bye!” She giggled then skipped away. Alex stood there thinking a bit. He chuckled and began to walk. “Intriguing girl indeed” He softly bit his lip.