"Goodnight", said Loki and Y/N felt his breath blowing next to her ear and his lips slightly touching her neck.

"Goodnight".

~-~-~

Loki was the first to wake up. He sat up slowly, being careful not to wake up Y/N, and looked at his watch. It was quite early, yet the sunlight had brought his peaceful slumber to an end.

He got out of the car, after making sure Y/N was still covered with the blanket and stood with his back leaning against the car. The weather that day was day was intolerably cold for most people, but not for him. He found being out there quite revitalizing. He was a frost giant after all.

Once he was fully awake, he took his backpack from the car boot and sat in the driver's seat, taking his book out of the bag.

~-~-~

Y/N blinked sleepily and looked in front of her. The first thing she saw was the car seats, and it didn't take her long to recall the previous day's events. She and Loki were stuck in the middle of nowhere, with a dead phone and snow all over the place.

"Good morning", she heard Loki's soft voice.

She sat up and gazed at him. He was sitting in the driver's seat, with his eyes fixed on the book in his hands.

"Morning... Are you carrying that thing everywhere?" she asked, pointing at the book.

"Hmm... yeah. People can be quite mundane at times and reading is the best and easiest thing I can do if I don't want to die because of boredom or something like that", he said and closed the book, "Well, it seems we have nothing for breakfast, but there's some water, do you want any?"

Y/N nodded, so Loki gave her a plastic bottle he had left in the passenger seat earlier that morning. She drank a little and then looked out of the window.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"Half past eleven", said Loki.

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

"Well... you looked so cute and peaceful lying there and... I didn't want to spoil it", he replied and a small smile broke out in his lips.

"That's... not a terrible excuse at all", smiled Y/N.

She got out of the car to get some clear air, but then she got in quickly, sat in the passenger seat and shut the door.

"Damn, it's fucking cold out there!"

Loki didn't talk; he just smiled and turned on the air conditioning. Then, he opened his book again and dedicated to it.

"Do you think it would worth trying to make a call...?"

"Hmm... not at all", replied Loki without looking up at her, "I tried before you woke up. There's no signal in the area".

Y/N took out her phone and smiled wickedly as she turned on the camera. She lifted the device up and took a photo of Loki. The God of Mischief flinched and then lifted his book and hid his face behind it.

"Don't do that!" he yelled annoyed, but Y/N could notice the slight laughter in his voice.

"Let that thing down!" laughed Y/N and dragged the book from his hand and throwing it in the backseat.

Loki laughed slightly and looked at her. His smile became wider as he leaned and kissed her lips, his tongue tasting hers. Then, he placed soft kisses on her neck.

"Have I ever told you that you taste so good? Like... hmm..." he mumbled as he kept kissing her skin.

"Like what?" Y/N asked playfully and a grin broke out in her lips.