Is this a good thing?

-Chapter One-

All my life I was able to see everyones red string of fate. Have you ever heard of the red string of fate? The invisible red string tied on you pinky. I was able to see everyones, except mine. And since I can see them, I can't touch them, My hand goes through like it was never there. But valentines day is when it's worse and stronger, because I can touch them, they are so strong I can touch them. The red string of fate is when you are destined to meet someone. A reason to everything. If it's between lovers the string is darker red than when it's on with it on friendship. I will know if they are supposed to date this person and break up later. It's like a game telling you what to do.

And I'm scared, because it's almost valentines day.

Everyone knows me for matchmaking. Some people end up being in love with their true love and some people end up with someone that will help them in the end find their true love. But I hate it, I hate it all. Because the myth says that if you don't have a string you don't have a true love. Or because you haven't met them yet or known to know that you feel that feeling.

There a lot of people that i've seen without the string but most of the time it isn't because of the reasons.

I wake up in my dorm room from my roommate, Delilah, she's a ginger with green eyes. She opened the blinds letting the bright sun shine in the room. I groaned and hid my face under my pillow.

There was a knock on the door and Delilah opened it as I got out of bed and stretched. It was max at the door, max is our best friend, he has a minor crush on me but we know that I can't see my string even for other reasons. I don't know why thought. I also can tell when people like someone. Just part of the thing I guess.

"Brook put on a shirt." Delilah said as max entered the dorm blushing. I was wearing a sports bra and sweat pants. I took a look at Max, Black hair nerdy glasses, he was wearing a plain T-shirt and Jeans and he was holding a sweater. Max's true love is actually Delilah and I find it hilarious.

Max and Delilah were talking and I turned to them, "Should I bother with my clothes or not?" I asked Delilah.

"Wear a dress." She said and I thought about it.

"Do I own a dress?" I asked looking in my closet. I just got out high waisted jean shorts and a t-shirt tied at the bottom. I got a towel and my bathing bag. "I'm gonna shower, and kill my self, see you in an hour."

"Bye Brooklyn." Max said and I waved bye.

I hummed to a song and walked to the showers, I got whatever I needed to do done and i had my stuff while I brushed my wet hair and I put my shit in my dorm, I already had my clothes on and I got my backpack and left to go get coffee before class.

I sat down at caribou and got out my invention i've been working on. Even though I hate Valentines day, I love seeing people happy. I have been working on an invention on how to figure out who the person's soulmate is even if they are miles away. On Valentines day -like I told you- i can touch the string and I've been working on something that can scan the distance and the person on the other end.

Then a fight happened and a guy got pushed to my table and knocked over my invention and it shattered to pieces. This guy groaned, he had Black hair and grey eyes.

"What the hell?!" I said and stood up. I looked at the guy who pushed him and it was my ex boyfriend, Jack.

"That's what you get asshole!" Jack said to the guy he pushed. The guy stood up and punched him.

I got in between them to stop the fight, by doing that I just screamed. And one of them accidentally punched me in the cheek. It hurt don't get me wrong but what I did was reached up to grab their ears and pulled it down so they would hurt.

"Stop fighting." I said. "Now both of you will clean up this mess." I said in the strict tone.

My mom would be so proud.

I let go of them and I started picking up the pieces from my invention. Guess i'll go back to square one, I put them in my bag and left.

As I went through the red strings of everyone. I thought when will this all be over.