PART ONE: Mommy Issues

Start from the beginning

You frown at the receiver as he slams the phone down not any day you think as you make your way out of the office to retrieve the file with the sounds of Emma and Simon's sniggering in the background.

"Good luck!" They shout after you.

*********
Climbing the stairs you look through the glass walls into the office you just came from, getting a nervous pang in your stomach as you reach Miss Venable's door.

You hesitate before knocking sharply as you look at her through the glass. She's not old you think as you observe her long, fiery orange hair that greatly contrasts with her purple clothing.

Oh, The Purple Dragon.

She still hasn't looked up from her desk.
After a few moments more you grow impatient, "fuck this" you say letting yourself in.
All of a sudden Wilhemina's head whips up from off her laptop screen and her eyes burn a hole through yours from underneath her glasses. If looks could kill.

"Those are some nice manners you have there." She scorns.

Is she kidding me?!
You stand there stunned, "I knocked, what are you deaf?"

She looks outraged, it's enough to make you take a slight step back from her desk.
"I don't appreciate rudeness."

You scoff at her nerve, throwing a hand on your hip,  "and I don't appreciate being insulted but here we are..."

She's silent for a moment and you're sure you see the hint of a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, for some reason it softens you.

She fumbles in the stack of files at the side of her producing what you came in for, handing it over without a word and keeping her eyes on you the whole time.
You feel butterflies in the pit of your stomach what the fuck?!
It takes you by surprise as you brush her hand.

"Thank you...I'm sorry, for being rude."

What am I apologising for?!

It seems like she's genuinely appreciative , "that's okay, sweetheart." She softens too.
You turn to leave but catch her eye, she looks as though she wants to carry on talking to you.

She scans up from your black trousers up to your purple top "I like your shirt" she says, clearly looking at your bra which was just about visible through the sheer fabric.
"Purple is my favourite colour."

You smile, thinking of her office nickname and observing her purple outfit which matches her laptop "you don't say."

She lets out a low register chuckle becoming slightly flushed pull yourself together Wilhemina for god's sake. You're both snapped out of your daze by the phone ringing, Wilhemina picks it up "hello, Ms.Venable's office."

That's hot. You become aware you're biting your lower lip as you watch her on the phone.

She clears her throat as she hangs up the call.
"Your father wants you downstairs immediately. I'm sorry for keeping you..." She frowns realising she's just apologised.
"Let me come with you and explain" she starts to get up off her chair taking her cane.