Pilot

"Why did I agree to come with you for this" I had my eyes closed giggling as Beth yelped from the pain.

"Because I need someone to drive after and Annie was working so you lo- ow" A lady walked into the room holding a card out.

"Mrs. Boland your card was declined " Both of us looked at the lady surprised. Beth asked her if she was sure but the lady nodded. Like Beth, she gave Dean the benefit of the doubt something about him being busy all the time. When we got into the car Beth was very quiet like if she was battling with herself.

Once we reached the diner Annie was already there waiting for us. I was the first to give her the hug before Beth. "You won't believe what happened to Beth!"

"Our card got declined" Ruby passed by giving us a quick greeting before pouring Beth coffee and leaving to finish her shift . Annie's face was surprised likeours. "When I checked online he maxed out the whole thing in a lingerie store"

"How did you find out in the first place"

"I went to get a Brazilian wax when they came inside mid-appointment to tell me that my card was declined ," Annie was smiling . "And she was only halfway through my wax," I tried not to giggle as she continued with the story this was something serious but it had a comedic relief .

"So what happened," Annie asked.

"Well, now I'm very uneven" Ruby came back with a cup of tea to give to me before sitting down behind us.

"You think he's sleeping around?" We tried reassuring her even if his gift of one hundred coupons to Bed Bath and Beyond didn't help our case.

"Son of a bitch" Annie interrupted. "That old guy is stealing your tip" She pointed. I turned around seeing him walk towards a booth.

"Go get it" Ruby got up walking to the booth grabbing the money at the same time the old man reached out. She opened her mouth looking back at us repeating the word shady as she sat back down.

"My old job we got robbed all the time so I got the sixth sense now" I smiled taking a sip of my tea as Beth scolded Annie. "They just want the money so we just let them have it"

"Do they get caught?"Ruby questioned.

"The dumb ones" I interjected as I drank my tea

"Yeah 'cause they park in the front by the security cameras, you got to put your getaway car in the back by the loading docks. And you never dig around by the cashiers the real money is back in the vault"

"You really thought this one out" Beth smirked, I agreed with her but I understood where Annie was coming from. I turned to Ruby seeing her zone out. "How much is in the vault?"

"30k give or take," All our mouths dropped.

"I can use that money," Ruby answered

"Oh my god me too" and Annie breathed. I zoned out for a thinking about it I didn't come back until the girls looked at me and Beth laughing. Yeah, that'd be stupid. I looked at the time before running out the booth.

"Sorry girls I have to go to class, Beth can Annie take you home?" She nodded give me a kiss goodbye.

When I arrived to class my professor dismissed me and told me to go the Deans office. The lady greeted me guiding me into the office.

"Hello, Ms. Marks sorry for the late notice" She opened my files reading my papers. "Good GPA, grades are wonderful" I nodded confused on why this was happening. "I'm sorry to tell you this but the scholarship foundation that was funding you through college and vet school has been shut down for investigation so everyone's income has been closed including yours ." My body froze as she dropped my papers before looking at me.