chapter 1: RETURN TO THE OLD

CHAPTER 1:
RETURN TO THE OLD
__________________________

Edmund hauled his heavy, school bag over his shoulder and he got up from where he was sitting to find his brother and sisters. Just another day at school. Another day in England. Even though he didn't show it, he missed Narnia more than anything. He missed all of the grand banquets and balls they would organise for celebrations, he missed travelling across the Narnian world and discovering new things every day. It had been difficult for his whole family. One day they were kings and queens peacefully and happily ruling a world, and the next day they were back to being...well...the Pevensie family from Finchley. The return from Narnia has changed them all in different ways. Peter was trying to punch his feelings away by often getting into fights with the other boys in his year. Susan attempts not to talk about it because it brings back happy memories that she painfully missed so much. Lucy was the complete opposite to Susan because she never appeared to hide her emotions. If she ever missed Narnia, you could easily notice. Her siblings would often cheer her up when she started missing Narnia.

Edmund snapped out of his thoughts will he could hear people beginning to shout and chant on the steps of the underground station. Edmund rolled his eyes as the shouting got louder. "Probably another fight" Edmund thought, not thinking much of it. He obviously hadn't realised it was his brother fighting, because if he had, he would have ran to help him.

It wasn't until he saw Lucy & Susan rush towards the big crowd of students that he started to worry. His sisters weren't the sort to cheer on a school fight. So, Edmund decided to investigate. He pushed past countless students, trying to get a glimpse of the actual fight. And there he was. High King Peter the Magnificent...in another fight.

Peter hadn't meant for the fight to go this far. All of his frustration had all just built up inside him and the only way he could let it out was through violence . He knew he should've just ignored the boys who he was currently trying to fight. Peter knew they were trying to get a reaction out of him...and it worked. Peter was outnumbered from the start. He wasn't entirely sure what he was thinking when he decided to go up against 4 boys. As humiliated as Peter was though, he couldn't just give in and let the boys win.

"Oh no." Edmund quickly pushed through more students as he saw one of the boys push peter up against the wall. Once Edmund was close enough to help his brother, he heard Lucy yell out his name. He ignored her and tackled one of the boys to the ground. This earnt him a few punches from the boy he had just tackled. Once Edmund managed to regain his balance, he shoved one of the boys into the nearest wall. Edmunds head whipped around as he heard his brother cry in pain. To Edmunds horror, they had pinned peters head down, over the train tracks.

Peter attempted to get away from the boy, which only caused one of them the kick him painfully in the stomach. Peter cried out in pain again as Edmund tackled another boy to the floor. Suddenly, loud whistles echoed off the stations bold walls. At first, Peter wasn't sure if the noises were just the sound of his head ringing, but soon realised that some war officers were breaking up the first. Edmund protested as he was dragged off the boy he had just managed to pin to the floor, whilst another man grabbed Peters arm and dragged him up off the floor before pushing him forward. Peter glanced up at the staircase to see Susan's concerned - yet disappointed - face , staring back at his. Edmunds eyes wandered to where Lucy was, her face filled with worry for her brothers. Edmund briefly looked at Peter as they walked over to the bench, but Peter kept his head down, obviously still frustrated.

Peter sighed with exhaustion as he sat down on the bench. Lucy immediately sat next to him, stroking his arm comfortingly. Susan took a seat next to Lucy, looking slightly annoyed. Edmund also let out a sigh as he placed his small case on the floor, against the bench. He then sat down at the other side of Peter. "You're welcome" Edmund said as he glanced at Peter. Peter scowled slightly with annoyance and got up from where he was sat. "I had it sorted" he said, quite simply as he walked forward slightly, staring at the tiled wall opposite the tracks. "What was it this time?" Susan asked and rolled her eyes. It had become a daily thing for Peter to get in fights. It frustrated Susan more than anyone, but she didn't want Peter to get into any trouble. Peter shut his eyes with frustration for a moment. The last thing he wanted to hear was Susan's lecture on how he was being childish by getting into fights. He turned around to face his family again. "He bumped me" Peter said in a neutral tone, but he knew his siblings could see how annoyed he currently looked. Lucy decided to speak up this time. "So you hit him?" She asked. Peter glanced down at his youngest sister. "No. After he bumped me, they tried to make me apologise." His gaze shifted slightly to Susan. "That's when I hit him". This time, Susan was the one who let out a sigh. "Really, is it that hard just to walk away?" She asked. Susan was definitely the most practical and responsible one out of all of them. Peter looked at her, the expression of his face changing. He looked slightly offended by her comment. "I shouldn't have to!" Peter retorted as he shook his head slightly. "I mean, don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid?" He asked. "Um..we are kids" Edmund responded, looking up at his brother as if to say 'duh'. "Well I wasn't always..."Peter said as glared slightly at his brother before moving sit back between him and Lucy. "It's been a year. He long does he expect us to wait?" Peter asked in more of a sad tone. All 3 of his siblings immediately understand who he meant be 'he'. He was talking about Aslan. The great lion and king who had brought them to Narnia, let them rule for 15 years and then they accidentally made their way back to England. Now they weren't sure if they would ever get back to Narnia. Edmund tried to think of a response, but the mention of Aslan made him fall silent with sadness. "I think it's time to expect that we live here" Susan said, turning to look at Peter. "There's no use pretending any different" she added as she crossed her arms. Peter went back to staring at the floor whilst Edmund just stared at the wall opposite them.

Susan looked over to were some people were walking, and saw a boy that been trying to flirt with her earlier before the fight had broken out. "Oh no..." Susan muttered as quickly turned to her siblings. "Pretend you're talking to me" she instructed. " we are talking to you" Edmund stated, raising his eyerbrows. Susan shot an annoyed glance at him. "Ow!" Lucy shouted as she quickly stood up from where she had been sitting. "Quiet, Lu..." Susan muttered to her as she noticed to boy getting closer. Lucy looked at her sister and pointed to the bench. "Something pinched me!" Lucy claimed. Then Peter suddenly felt something, causing him to jump up from his seat. Peter turned to Edmund. "Hey! Stop pulling!" Peter shouted. "I'm not touching you!" Edmund responded in defence. Susan rolled her eyes, getting confused. "Will all of you just..." She started but then her and Edmund immediately jumped up from their seats, feeling the same thing that Lucy and Peter had done. "What is that?" Susan questioned. They noticed that a train was zooming past them now, the loud screeching noise echoing through the station. Lucy turned to face her sister. "It's feels like magic!" She said excitedly. "Quick! Everybody hold hands!" Susan said as Lucy immediately gripped her hand tightly. Peter nodded and held Susan's hand. "I'm not holding your hand!" Edmund protested, to which peter forcefully grabbed Edmunds hand. As all four of them looked forward, tiles of the station walls were dashing around as a big hole in the underground tunnel started to be ripped apart by all of the sudden wind that surrounded them. As the train zoomed past them, the station started to disappear and glimpses of a beautiful beach could be seen through the thin gaps of the rushing train. The next thing they knew, the train vanished out of sight, and they all stood in a small cove. The calming beach that stood in front of them was truly a beautiful sight. Relaxing waves lightly crashed against each other as the bright sun spread its rays over the sand and sea.

They glanced around and walked forward, amazed at what they were seeing. They were back in Narnia.
.
.
// I hope you liked the first chapter. This will become more of an AU once I get more into it but for not. This was just a more detailed writing on them returning to Narnia. NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOON (: