"Oh, tell me about it." He mumbled.

"I actually can't believe they kissed infront of me!" I groaned in frustration, taking mad steps towards the car. "My boyfriend and my best friend! I can't believe they'd do this to me." I almost cried out. I felt a hand on my wrist, turning me around and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back tightly, desperately not trying to let the tears come down and ruin my makeup. "I'm here for you. You don't need people like that in your life, you don't need their negativity. Listen to my voice, it's going to be okay." He whispered softly. I needed that, I needed him, his comfort. "Thank you." I sniffled, burying my face in his neck, smelling him. His smell gave me comfort and his voice made me calm. Perhaps, today would be okay?

"Minute for minute, Okay?" He faced me and I nodded,

"Right now I'm enjoying this minute."

He smiled, holding my waist. Suddenly, he leaned in, so did I.
"Let's go." He said, pulling away. My mouth opened in confusion, wasn't he going to kiss me right then? Was I that stupid to actually believe that he would? Why would he do that? He's my ex's brother for god's sake!
I mentally slapped myself and climbed into his car.

As we pulled up on the school parking lot my heartbeats sped up, but I tried to ignore it. Despite my efforts Harry quickly picked up on my shift in mood. As I tried to hurry out of the car and avoid any more emotional conversation, Harry gently pulled me aside.
"Just text me at any point of the day and I'll be there, alright?"
"Thanks Harry.." I mumbled hesitantly. Again Harry seemed to read my mind.

"Selena. Look me in the eye. What's on
your heart?"

I shrugged uncomfortably. "I mean, Uhm, why are you so nice to me?"

"First of all, you've always been nice to me through the years, I'm just returning the favour. Second of all, it's hard being anything but nice to a rare girl like you Sel." Before I could form a reply, he simply winked at me and left.

As I made my way toward class, my head was spinning with question marks. Was he.. flirting with me? What were we? Was that night a mistake to him or not? Did he regret kissing me? I shook my head. Calm down Sel, he was just drunk, and now you're just imagining things. Why would Harry be interested anyway?

As I entered the room, I immediately spotted the familiar blonde in the corner of my eye. I sighed and remained firm on ignoring her existence as I made my way to the furthest seat away from her I could find. I felt her stare burning into me but before she could come at me our teacher announced the start of class. I sighed quietly in relief.

Once class was over I practically flew up from my chair, ready to do anything to avoid the unavoidable. I hurried away, hearing Sophie following me and calling my name. I finally came to a halt, and without a word, turned to look at her.
"What?" I sighed with great annoyance.

"Selena cmon! It was a mistake. I'm soo
sorry, I swear I'd do anything to take it back!"

The hurt felt like stabs inside.

"You really hurt me, Sophie."

Sophie took a step closer. "Selena," She began, tears welling up in her blue eyes. "You're my best friend. The worst I can imagine is losing you. I know I screwed up real bad but please forgive me. It was a drunken mistake. I beg you Selena. I'm sorry."

I felt my guard melting. I wanted everything to be okay between us again, I really did. This was my best friend for years, after all. "I.. " I began hesitantly. "I guess a single night shouldn't come between our years of friendship, right?"
Sophie nodded enthusiastically, smile spreading across her face. It didn't take long before she pulled me into a warm hug, and I immediately let my anger run off me and hug back. My heart was bursting with emotion and tears started making their way down my cheeks. "Awe, Sel," Sophie cooed.We pulled apart and smiled fondly at each other for a for a few seconds."Um, Selena, honey, you're ruining your makeup." Sophie pointed out, gently wiping my under eyes with her finger. I giggled through my teary eyes, "Shit." I mumbled.
"Hey, we should totally do a sleepover, like the old times. Cute pyjamas, lots of candy, watch The Vampire Dairies, loads of boy gossip, you feel?" Sophie suggested. "Um, yeah." I nodded. Even though I still had things going on in my mind and still had not fully forgiven her I couldn't reject her offer. I just wanted everything to turn back to normal. Like the good old days. That's how the day went, I spend the rest of the day with Sophie. After school was over I walked with Sophie to the parking lot, walking past Harry, he gave me a disappointed look. I didn't really understand why though, probably because I forgave Sophie so easily and was hanging out with her again. But it was my call to make, right? He couldn't be mad at me for that. I looked away from him, ignoring him and said goodbye to Sophie, making my way home to pack for tonight.