Chapter 2: What is this place?

Kali and her now 5 remaining siblings were thrown out of the van, to which they saw an eerie looking building that was extremely distraught. Broken windows, moss and mold, the typical place you wouldn't want to be. Kali just grunted, still shocked by her sister's death to pay any mind to what was happening around her. The men grabbed Kali and only one of the 5 siblings, leaving the others outside, letting them figure out their own thing. The one with the crowbar told the others, "These are the only ones who will sustain this experiment." Kali was confused, "What experiment?" she thought. "this place is a lab??". She had no time to question where she was or what was happening, as she was already in the building. Right away she saw dim, reddish lighting that she liked for some reason, yet not being able to see what was 5 feet in front of her due to the low lighting. She looked around the moment she heard metal rattling to see animals of all kinds in cages, rats, cats, dogs, lizards, birds, you name it. Murdoc purred a little due to fear, thankfully he was still in Kali's arms somehow. The men let go and said, "Pick up to four of the animals." Kali didn't quite understand, but didn't question the man who spoke, knowing his abilities. She muttered, "Does my cat count..?" The man laughed, his laugh being rather unsettling to hear.  "Yes", he said. Kali smiled at that, and hugged Murdoc tighter. Walking around, she saw a tarantula that caught her eye, it had a light blue abdomen with dark blue legs. All the enclosure said on the outside was "Cobalt blue". She shrugged, taking it out and putting it on her head. She continued, later seeing a snake that she already knew was a ball python, which she took out and let it wrap itself around her right arm, which she wasn't really using. She smiled and said cheerfully,happy with her choices, "Done!" The men grinned menacingly, which Kali seemed to miss. Her sister was still looking for her animals, but she wasn't too concerned. They led Kali into a dark,dirty room, and told her to lay down on a bed, which had straps dangling from the sides, it appeared to be a... surgical bed? She complied, not worrying or thinking since she was in a state of happiness. They strapped her down.