04. Best Funeral Ever

Start from the beginning

      "Is Mom okay?" Allison asked Diego.

      "Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest. You know recharge." replied Diego, glancing at Grace with a nod.

Everyone fell silent once again and Pogo looked to Luther who was still holding the urn waiting to begin, "Whenever you're ready, dear boy."

Luther looked back to the urn and removed the lid he then slowly dumped the contents to the ground, where the ashes fell into one grey heap straight to the dirt.

Luther looked down at the pile of ash, "Probably would've been better with some wind." He mumbled.

      "Does anyone wish to speak?" asked Pogo, looking around at everyone.

Speech response to initiate: No voluntary speech to process.

Nobody answered.

      "Very well," continued Pogo, "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master... and my friend, and I shall miss him very much." Pogo paused for a moment, "He leaves behind a complicated legacy–"

      "He was a monster." Diego cut him off, "He was a bad person, and a worse father. The world's better off without him."

      "Diego." Allison warned.

      "My name is Number Two." Diego shot back, "You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it."

Grace perked up at the sound of her name, "Would anyone like something to eat?" She offered, clearly oblivious to the situation at hand.

      "No, it's okay, Mom." replied Vanya, from next to Harper.

Grace smiled softly, "Oh, okay."

      "Look, you wanna pay your respects?" Diego continued, stepping forward, "Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

      "You should stop talking now." Luther said coldly.

Diego narrowed his eyes at him, "You know, you of all people should be on my side here, Number One."

      "I am warning you." Luther's tone grew harsh.

      "After everything he did to you," Diego ignored Luther's severity, "He had to ship you a million miles away."

      "Diego, stop talking!" Luther snapped.

But Diego was not stopping, "That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" He jabbed his finger into Luther's chest.

And thus began the fight.

Harper did not know what compelled the two to be so hostile toward each other, to her it seemed rather unnecessary, physical fighting would not make the situation any better.

Vanya took both Grace's and Harper's hands and led them away from Diego and Luther's range of motion.

      "Boys, stop this at once!" exclaimed Pogo.