1

Elena:

It was unbearable. The tears and pain was too much. The only way I could end this is turning it off or killing myself. I chose the second option. I was alone in the woods. Nobody knew where I was and even I didn't. I pulled a stake out ready to slam it into my already broken heart.

"Goodbye life," I said before holding out the stake to my heart. Just as I was going to end it all strong arms grabbed me and ripped the stake from my clutches. Shocked on what just happened my vision went black.

Elijah:

I threw the stake on the ground as I caught Elena. I looked at her checking if she did anything to herself. Her face was soaked with tears and there were dark shadows under her eyes. She looked terrible. Her light pink lips were cracked from non feeding. Only a trail of her beauty lingered on her face at the moment. I hoisted her up in my arms and vamp sped to the house. Niklaus walked up to me as I entered. He looked at Elena's body in my arms.

"Now tell me why have you brought Elena here?" He asked me.

"She was trying to stake herself. She passed out and she is in bad condition," I walked to a spare bedroom before setting her on a queen sized bed.

"What happened to her?" He asked some concern laced in his voice.

"I do not know brother. But I will find out whenever she heals and rests," I spoke. I pulled her daylight ring that I found before stopping her from killing herself out of my pocket. I slid the blue stoned ring on to her delicate finger. I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before leaving the room.

"Hayley left," Rebekah said holding baby Hope in her arms.

"She what?" Niklaus and I said.

"She's gone, she couldn't stay here anymore," Rebekah said with a scowl.

Hayley was the least of my worries right now. Elena was my top priority. I was growing feelings for her already. I always had felt connected to her but I ignored it. Yes I care for Hayley but it could never master my feelings for Elena Gilbert.