Chapter 12: Controlling Emotions!

[Izuku's POV]

Not long after we returned to the agency, I heard my phone ringing on my desk. I head over to it. I saw that it was Yumiko and I quickly pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey, I wanted to check on Manami." Yumiko's voice says on the other side of the phone. My eyes widen and I look over at Manami talking with Kaachan and Shinso.

"She's doing great. Though we did have a tiny accident." I explain. I had to be honest with Yumiko.

"Accident? Is she alright?" Yumiko asks worried. There was no hiding that she was suddenly struck with worry.

"She's fine. Her quirk activated." I say and Yumiko gets quiet for a few moments.

"What happened? What is it?" Yumiko asks as I could hear she was worried about what it was. I knew I had to break it to her gently.

"Well, she's got your butterfly wings. Cute little wings actually but... they're orange and she can literally sprout flames out of... everywhere." I explain, "Surprised that she didn't end up burning herself or her clothes."

"Flames..." Yumiko says.

"Nakamura... its fine. It doesn't matter if she's got some of her quirk from him. She's a happy child and you've done a wonderful job raising her. She wants to be a hero." I explain.

"I wasn't there with her when she got her quirk. She must have been so scared." Yumiko replies.

"She was. She... destroyed an area of the ice cream shop we went to." I tell Yumiko.

"Is she okay now?" Yumiko asks.

"She's fine now. I got her feeling happier and the flames have pretty much vanished. We're back at my agency now and Todoroki's coming back to help her get a full handle on her flames. I wanted if it'd be okay if we train her to control her emotions." I quickly say.

"Do what?" Yumiko asks.

"When she was scared, she activated the full power of her flame quirk. At least I think it was the full power. It was pretty hot. I have to call our healer because I got burned." I explain to her, "If she learns how to turn it on and off then she'll be able to control her emotions."

"I'll come there now." Yumiko says.

"Nakamura, you're working." I tell Yumiko, "Give us until you get off and we'll have her a little calmer. It may take a few days."

"I..." Yumiko says.

"It'll be fine. I won't let her hurt herself." I say assuredly.

"Okay, I'll trust you with this." Yumiko says.

"Okay." I reply.

"Thank you, Midoriya." Yumiko says.

"You're welcome." I say. After a few moments we hang up and I look over at Manami who was giggling as she played pat-a-cake with one of the sidekicks since Bakugo nor Shinso wanted to do it.

A fast rock theme begins. "I cut right through the wreckage and look onto the sunset!" Izuku is shown in his younger years walking in the hallways of UA. "Eternity I'm flying! Singing Right into the Sky!" Yumiko is shown in her younger years looking up as Izuku walks past her. "I can't live with regret!" Izuku stops beside her and they flash to their adult forms. "Can't Fade!" Izuku is shown turning to look at Yumiko. "Won't Break!" Yumiko looks over when Manami rushes over to her and she picks Manami up and the two are shown spinning around as Yumiko's wings spread out behind her. "Live for tomorrow with our might! We'll fight on! Once again!" Izuku is shown turning to face a villain as he steps in front of Yumiko and Manami protectively and the title flashes in front of them. "Seeking out... all the lies that I've been told." Light flashes as the music sort of slows down and Manami is shown sitting in her preschool class smiling. "My tears leave me... drowning!" The screen is split in two and Manami is shown talking about Izuku as Izuku is shown fighting villains. "I'm moving on!" Light flashes and Izuku is shown turning to look at Yumiko who is shown standing sandwiched between two girls. "You can't tell me how to be!" One pushes Yumiko to the side and winks while the other one yells at the one who pushed Yumiko. "Nothing else is stopping me!" Light Flashes and Izuku and Manami are shown. Izuku was patting Manami's head as he smiled at her. "Frustrated!" Manami is shown with an angry pouting expression. "Humiliated!" Manami is shown crying as she wiped her tears feverously. "It fuels me... to carve the road I walk on!" Yumiko is shown picking Manami up while Manami cries. "I cut right through the wreckage!" Light Flashes and the two girls are shown smiling as they watch Izuku on TV. "And look onto the sunset!" Manami is shown staring with a happy expression on her face. "Eternity I'm flying! Singing Right into the Sky!" Izuku is shown firing off his shoot style attack as Manami is shown cheering for him. "I can't live with regret! Can't Fade! Won't Break!" Izuku is shown smiling with a blush on his face. "Live for tomorrow with our might! We'll fight on once again!" Manami is shown appearing in different outfits before she's shown talking Yumiko and Izuku with a hug as the two sat together. The title is shown once again as Izuku is shown holding both girls in his arms as the three smiled happily.