ΦChapter OneΦ

*Raylene's POV*

I sat next to my little brother as he sat on the floor next to my parents. I smiled as he played with my favorite toys that I had played with when I was his age. My smile widened as my mother picked him up and sat him on her lap.

"He looks exactly like her..." She whispered sadly.

I saw a tear slip down her cheek and my expression became sad. I knew she was talking about me. I watched as my father wiped the tear off her cheek and gave her a sad smile.

"And you know that she wouldn't want you crying." He whispered back.

I looked down at Harry and saw him looking at them in confusion. He put his small hand on her cheek and let out a small gurgle. My mother smiled down at him and caressed his face in her hands.

At that moment it felt like everything was peaceful, like there was no problem in the world, but everyone knew that it wouldn't last for long...

I smiled down at them when I heard the front gate creak open. And it seemed I wasn't the only one that had heard it.

"Lily, he's here!" Dad shouted.

"James! B-But what about you?!" She exclaimed, tears running down her cheeks.

"Just go!" He shouted.

Quickly she grabbed Harry in her arms and kissed my father good luck. I ran behind my mother, praying for my father to be safe.

I follow her into Harry's nursery and flicked the door locked, even if I knew that wouldn't hold him.

My mother set Harry in his crib as she began to chant a protection spell on him. I could tell she was having a bit trouble with, so I finished the spell for her.

Just as we finished I heard my father scream of pain and I knew he was dead. Tears slipped down my cheeks. I looked down at my baby brother and kneeled down next to my mother.

"Harry, Mommy loves you...Daddy loves you...R-Raylene also loves you." She began you whisper. "Harry be safe. Be strong."

Then the door was blasted open. Mum and I sprung up from the crib and stood protectively in front of Harry.

"Move aside girl..." Voldemort hissed.

"No please! Take me instead! Please don't take away another child of mine! I beg you!" She shouted bravely.

I could tell he grew impatient and right before I could do anything he pointed his hand at her and screamed, "Avada Kavara!"

My mother screamed and just like that she fell to the floor dead. More tears slid down my cheeks as I kneeled down next to her lifeless body crying.

I suddenly felt a burst of anger inside me as Voldemort made is way towards my brother. The last of my family alive.

I began to rechanted the spell over and over again, strengthening the spell in seconds. I cautiously watched and hoped that the spell was strong enough for Harry to rebound it.

Voldemort lifted his hand and shouted, "Avada Kavara!" But the spell rebounded back at him, making him disappear into midair.

I quickly ran to my brother to see a lighting mark on his forehead, that looked similar to mine. I touched the scar on my neck and while wondering what was going to happen now.

I stood there silent when I heard slow foot steps appear behind me. I snapped my head back to the door and looked to see a familiar man walk into the half destroyed room. I turned around ready to defend Harry, but relaxed to see it was only Severus Snape. He walked towards my mother, his breath quickening at ever step and his eyes watering in despair.