Depression

(Part 1 of 2 combined oneshots)

Melancholy overtook the short, exhausted Michael. Sitting in his dark, confined room, tears were barely being held back as he recalled the scenario he had just experienced. Some minutes ago the young man had experienced something he never would have expected, with the way things had been going.

Still trying not to let any tears out, Michael walked over to his mirror, turning a lamp on beside it. The dim yellow light revealed a recently bloodied nose, and with it, eyes that could hardly be opened as the despair took over once again. Pushing a few of his dreadlocks aside, Michael forced his eyes to study himself further.

He'd only been hit once, but it was enough to break his heart. Things had been going perfectly fine between Michael and Jahseh, there had been no previous signs of this behavior. Why would this be happening now? Turning off the lamp, Michael ambled over to his bed and flopped down onto it once more.

Jahseh had seemed irritable when he walked in the door this evening, so naturally Michael had wanted to comfort him. Everything that he did, however, seemed to make everything worse. That in itself was unusual. Normally whenever Michael tried to comfort Jahseh after a troubling day, everything would be fine. Tonight was quite the reciprocal.

As anyone would, when Jahseh hadn't accepted the support while being visibly irritated, Michael had begun to assume it had something to do with him. Jahseh has assured him he wasn't the problem, but continued to tell his boyfriend to leave him alone. Michael had been completely confused by his behavior, but was able to leave him alone for awhile. Skeptical, Michael had gone up to his own room. That is, until Jahseh had begun audibly cursing from the living room where he has resided since the beginning of all of this.

Concerned, Michael had gone to check on Jahseh. He asked if his boyfriend was okay multiple times before Jahseh realized that he was there. Raising an eyebrow, Michael became slowly more uneasy by the minute. Jahseh wasn't looking at him like he usually did. An emotionless glare was held on the guy's face, and his muscles were tensed. He asked what Michael wanted. Looking around, Michael found in only a moment's time that Jahseh had thrown his phone across the room, which had broken the television along with the phone itself. While that had explained the swearing, it still didn't explain the behavior on its own.

"The fuck is wrong with you!? What does any of this attitude got to do with anything! You buggin' Jah! You ain't even tell me what's up, then next y'all breakin' my fuckin' TV!?" Michael had shouted at his boyfriend, walking right up to him so that they were only inches apart. The confused guy's words were angry, but he quieted himself as he got closer to Jahseh. "You ain't done this, ever, man... what the fuck is up? You cheatin' or some shit?"

"Fuck no, why the fuck would you think that?" Disgusted at Michael's assumption, Jahseh took a step back. The guy still wasn't giving a clear answer to the rest of the questions that had been asked, however.

"You keep sayin' this shit got nothing to do with me, but how in hell when I ain't able to help would I think that's true? You never answered me either, nigga, why the fuck you doing this shit?" Gaze hardening, Michael pressed on with his interrogation. He had to know what was going on.

Everything Jahseh said after that had made no sense until the guy finally admitted he'd been beefing with his best friend, Stokeley, for a couple days now. Michael knew just how close they were, so immediately he felt bad again, and gently placed a hand on his fuming boyfriend's shoulder.