Chapter 14

{Dean's POV}

I looked up as the door to my hospital room opened, and a fairly well built guy with dark brown hair which wasn't exactly combed limped in and closed it behind him.

He stared straight at me, eyes filled with so much emotion and pleading that I had to look away for a moment.

When I looked back, the boy's head was down and I could tell that he was holding something in. He walked over to the side of my hospital bed and sat down in a chair facing me.

The young boy that had come in about thirty minutes ago walked over and gave this guy a hug. Then he turned and left the room, leaving me and the dark haired man alone.

"Who are you?" I asked tentatively, and the man's head shot up.

Jesus fucking christ almighty, the guy had stunning eyes. So big and so blue that I found myself staring longer than intended. I saw something else in his eyes too.

Pain.

An overwhelming amount of pain. I saw tears threatening to fall from the corners of his eyes, and this feeling washed over me that I couldn't quite describe.

"Dean?" He choked out, barely above a whisper. I opened my mouth to reply, but stopped as I heard the door click open. A man who had introduced himself to me as Doctor Kelly earlier, walked in with a slight frown on his face.

"Castiel, I heard you were up."

'Castiel?' That name sparked something in the back of my mind.

Castiel stood up and looked at the doctor.

"He doesnt remember me..." He whispered.

"Yes. When Mr. Winchester awoke from the coma, he didn't know where he was or what had happened. He has been diagnosed with amnesia."

My eyes followed the doctor's gaze to Castiel, where I watched as his eyes screwed shut and he shook his head, trying not to cry.

When he had regained control of himself, he stood up straighter and lifted his head to look at the doctor.

"Is it temporary?" He said in a low, controlled tone, and fuck. His voice deep.

"It's indefinite." The doctor replied. Castiel's breath hitched in the back of his throat and I watched as he whipped his head around to face me, tears overflowing. Then he pushed past Dr. Kelly and raced out of the room.

The doctor winced as the door slammed, then turned back to face me.

"You don't remember him, do you?" He asked, furrowing his brow.

I shook my head no and stared blankly at the wall.

Everything was so confusing and I just wanted to scream. I couldn't seem to remember anything. I didn't know my name until it was told to me by the doctor earlier. I didn't know who the small crying boy was who begged me to remember him as my brother. I didn't know who the blue eyed man filled with pain was, and I didn't know why I was here in this damn hospital.

The doctor sat down next to me and took a pen from his coat pocket.

"I'll need you to answer a few questions for me, Dean. Just procedure, nothing to worry about."

'Nothing to worry about? There is everything to fucking worry about. Where do I live? Do I have a home? Where's the rest of my family? What kind of person am I? What do I look like?'

But I didn't say any of that. I bit my lip and nodded as he continued.

I answered his questions and then watched as he left. Then I pulled the covers up over me and tried to take a nap. I glanced at the calendar on the wall before closing my eyes.