"Anyhow," Nick practically shouts, getting everyone's attention to him, "all those issues are issues for a different day." He wipes his hands with a tea towel and reaches into a nearby cupboard for plates. "Dinner is ready."

"I'll get Louisa," Jane says while leaving the kitchen.

Nick sets about setting the table in the dining room and I turn to face Luca more directly.

"Your dad's right, you know." I place my hands on his waist. "You need to take time for yourself this weekend before everything officially kicks off."

"I know which is why I was thinking that we could do something together as a family. Just you, me and Louisa. Maybe something public."

"That would be rubbed in Nadia's face when she sees us out and about acting like a proper family," I point out with a smirk playing on my lips. "It is tempting but I think it would be best to do something more private. Away from prying eyes."

"That would be best. Plus, it's something we haven't actually done just the three of us." He validates. "And it will give us the chance to tell Louisa that we're getting married."

"I'd be careful with that one, Kaylee." Jane advises, coming back into the kitchen. She comes to a stop next to me and leans in close, her eyes narrowing up at her son. "She may start asking for a brother or sister as soon as she knows you aren't going anywhere."

"Mother." Luca's voice says as a warning but it's laced with a hint of a groan.

Jane pulls back and begins to move the food to the dining table. "I'm just stating the truth. Our little princess up there has been an only child all her life and now she knows her daddy has found his queen, she will start asking for siblings."

"I think what your mother is trying to say is that she wants an excuse to buy baby clothes again," Nick adds with a grin.

Luca moans and his forehead falls against mine. "Kill me now. Seriously. Kill me now."

I laugh.

On the outside, I'm laughing at Luca's reaction. He wants more children, something we only spoke of recently and that's still so fresh in my mind, so it shouldn't come as a shock to him that his own mum wants to be a grandmother again. However, on the inside, I'm freaking out because it's an even bigger step for us to take than getting engaged. Something that has clearly slipped Jane's mind but I'll let her have her little outburst of hope because Luca and I know where we stand on the matter.

"It would be nice to have a little one running around here again," Jane continues.

"It would," Nick agrees.

Luca shakes his head.

I move my hands to his face. "Deep breaths now, Luca. Deep breaths"

"Or two. Maybe even three or four." Jane continues. "Not all at the one time, though."

"Mother, please." Luca pulls back and looks at his mum. "We only just got engaged. Can't you at least wait until we get married before you start asking for more grandkids?"

Jane shrugs. "I could but when is it you're thinking of getting married? I mean, it's no offence to either of you, but we're all getting old here. I'm sure Stan and Yvette would like to run around after their grandkids while they're still young enough to do so."

"Mother!"

I place a hand on Luca's back and get to my feet. "I'm sure it will happen when it's supposed to happen. There's no rush."

Jane gapes at me like she's about to call me out on my words but doesn't. She glances at Luca then back to me, closing her mouth and nodding with a slight shrug.