He moved his kiss down to my jaw and neck momentarily, then he pulled back, meeting my eyes.

"I love you, you know that?" He whispered, and I nodded, smiling at the man above me.

It felt as if everything from the past few weeks was dissolving, and this weight was being lifted off of my heart. It felt like before — if not, better.

His eyes flickered over my face, landing on my lips. I leaned up to close the gap between us, but froze as a thought slid into my mind.

"What?" He asked softly.

"Food," I said quietly, watching his eyes. He stared at me for a second, uncertainty in his gaze. "Please?" I relaxed my head back on the bed. He was quiet for a few moments longer, until finally, he answered.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to finish it," he admitted, averting his gaze. I sighed sadly, crawling my fingers up his arms.

"Try? Just a little more. If you can't, I won't make you." He looked towards the window, eyes a bit glassy.

"I fucked up," he whispered. I stared up at him. "I can't believe I'm afraid to eat." I slid a hand up to up cup his cheek, bringing his gaze back down.

"What made you stop?" I asked carefully. He sighed, dropping his head to my chest.

"I don't know," he whined. "I wasn't hungry. I just wanted you and you weren't there and I couldn't think about anything else for longer than a few minutes before it just went back to you." My eyes burned and I sighed shakily.

"I'm here now," I murmured, kissing the top of his head. He slowly kissed from my clothed chest, to my collarbone, to my neck, to my jaw and up to my lips.

"Come on," he said against my lips. "I'll try." I whispered against his soft kiss, and he pulled away, ridding my cheeks of tears with his thumbs. I sniffled softly and ran my thumb along his bottom lip.

"Don't do it for me," I said softly. "Do it for you." He nodded softly. I smiled weakly up at him, pecking his lips once more before sitting up, moving from beneath him. Before I could even get off of the bed, he grabbed my hips.

"Wait." I turned to look at him, my eyebrows raising at him expectantly. "I forgot something," he told me, and I narrowed my eyes curiously.

He suddenly pulled me back into the bed, above me once again. I whined, rolling my eyes but smiling nonetheless.

"Sage," I pouted.

"Give me one minute." He didn't move, he just stared at me. I waited for him to do something, but he didn't.

"One minute to do what?"

"I just... want to look at you." He ran his fingers gently over every part of my face; my eyebrows, my eyelashes, my cheeks. I bit my lip, not daring to move an inch of my body.

When he got to my mouth, he slowly ran his thumb over my bottom lip, prompting me to release it from my teeth's grip. His eyes met mine, and I smiled softly, reaching up to cup the side of his face.

"I love you," he said again, not removing his eyes from mine.

"I love you," I replied softly.

It was mind boggling, how in a year, I'd managed to find someone that I couldn't live without. Everything about Sage was perfect to me, from the way he walked, to the way he lit up when his favorite show came on the TV, to how much he loved playing board games with me — no matter how much everyone else hated them.

The best part about it was that every feeling between us was mutual; it never faded. It never failed to amaze me.

Everything was better.

**

After eating — Sage finished half of his plate, which upset him for a few minutes until I assured him that he'd just need to take his time — we returned to Sage's room and lie together, hazing at each other.

He climbed above me, watching my eyes. His stare intrigued me; the way his eyes glistened when they met mine, the way his lips moved when he spoke. Everything.

"Kiss me," I mumbled, and he slowly dipped down, his lips meeting mine. He moved to my cheeks, then my jaw. His hands moved to the hem of my sweatshirt, and he met my eyes.

"Can I?" He asked softly, and my heart skipped.

"Yes," I breathed. He tugged the sweatshirt off, throwing it to the floor. He pulled off his own, then kissed my neck, agonizingly slow, and I let my eyes fall shut, taking in every moment. His lips moved down to my collarbone, my chest, and my abdomen. When his lips met the center of my stomach, my breath hitched and he stopped, meeting my eyes.

"You want me to stop?" I quickly shook my head, running my fingers through his hair.

"No, don't stop." He kissed my stomach again, reaching the edge of my sweatpants, and my heartbeat rose.

He sat up a bit, meeting my eyes again.

"What?" I breathed. He smiled, gazing at me.

"I missed you, too."