CHAPTER 2

The bell woke me out of my daze, signaling the end of first period

The bell woke me out of my daze, signaling the end of first period. I instantly reached out for my bag, shooting up from out of my seat as I slowly followed the herd of chattering teenagers into the bustling hallway.

Nova had already vanished by the time I got halfway out of the classroom and I could feel my heart squeeze in slight disappointment that he had left without me. I don't know why I felt so saddened at his quick departure, I should already be used to situations like these.

After the few minutes it takes of maneuvering through the idling groups of teenagers, I finally make it to my second period. I choose a seat in the second to last row of desks, planning my seat for multiple reasons. One of them being that if you are in the last row, the teacher has more of a chance of calling on you, making sure that you are paying attention. My seat choice has a high chance of going unnoticed by the teachers, it's worked so far throughout my highschool career.

The room started filling up as the warning bell went off. As kids starting sitting down, I made the wise choice of actually being productive in this class, hoping to get my mind off of Nova and do some actual work. As I took the necessary items out for anatomy, I watched the kids passing by, hoping that none of them would accidentally or purposefully bump into me.

The final bell rang, the class was now filled with commotion. Kids were laughing and talking... well, except for the kids behind me. They all just sat there, silently watching everyone around them, like me. I wanted to turn around, just to see who they were but this caused my nerves to flare up so I decided to follow my gut feeling and just stare straight ahead, waiting for the teacher to start class.

Halfway through the lecture I was hit with an unknown object in the back of the head. I turned around, my eyes wide as I watched another object fly straight past my face, narrowly missing my eye. My gaze finally landed on the culprit. The lengthy male had steely gray eyes and combed back dark brown hair. He raised his hand up again, launching what looked like to be Apple Jacks across the room at another one of his targets. He caught my gaze, his eyes hardening as if he was daring me to say anything. My heart began to rapidly beat as I quickly turned in my seat, my body heating to an uncomfortable temperature as my anxiety kicked in. I attempted to regain my breathing as I tried to tune back into the lecture but the nervous butterflies would not go away. That kid terrified me.

The rest of the period, I would catch more Apple Jacks fly across the room, always nailing their next target in the head but not once did I turn around again, in fear of him taking it as a threat or challenge.

When the bell finally rang, I gathered my stuff but stayed seated until everyone was out the door... or so I thought. I began to walk out, my head lowered, finding entertainment in the floor slowly going by as I walked. I suddenly bumped into somebody, their arm somehow nailing my newly formed bruise. I gasped in pain, my bag dropping to my feet as I shielded my side from anymore harm with my shaking hands. Looking up, I was met with those same steely gray eyes from only moments ago. This time, they held a look of knowingness to them rather than that daring stare I was introduced with.

His eyebrow quirked up in interest as he popped a green colored Apple Jack into his mouth.

"Be careful," was all he said before walking off, chucking Apple Jacks along the way at passerbyers. I watched him go, my confusion bubbling to the surface, questioning on how he could be so relaxed.

As soon as he was out of sight, I booked it to my next class, grabbing my bag along the way.

Hey guys I know it's been awhile but I'm back!!! Me tooooo! Updates should be more regular Should be

Hey guys I know it's been awhile but I'm back!!! Me tooooo! Updates should be more regular Should be... and I am so happy to see everyone who is reading this. If you guys have anything in particular you would like to see in this book please let me know in the comments. Yeah, comment, makes us feel better about our writing skills and such
~bookworm101702
~Looserwriter <3
768 words