twelve

track 1: perfect illusion by lady gaga.

track 2: younger by ruel.

track 3: why should i be sad by britney spears.

track 4: dazed & confused by ruel.

track 5: natural by zayn.

track 6: starstruck by lady gaga.

track 7: idfc by blackbear.

track 8: falling by why don't we.

track 9: fool for you by zayn.

track 10: sweet creature by harry styles.

track 11: talk fast by 5 seconds of summer.

track 12: bad idea by ariana grande.

" yeah, i'mma call you over here to numb the pain, i got a bad idea. "

The smell of roses and candle scents filled Zach's button nose as he walked into Jonah's house, slightly relieved that it wasn't the usual whiff of alcohol. Jack by his side, he observed the newly decorated house.

It was dimly lit by candles (no surprise) and lamps, making the room rather romantic. The song playing was one of Harry Styles', and people were slow dancing with their partners. Zach looked over at Jack, "If I didn't know better I'd think this was love themed."

Jack looked into his eyes and made an exploding gesture with his hands, "Surprise, it is!" he said in more of a stating tone.

Zach turned his head, "It is?"

Jack's face turned to a red, "Yeah, you can leave -- if you want! I wasn't suggesting I just, y'know..."

Zach smiled widely, "Yeah, I know. Where do you think Jonah is?"

"In his room probably."

"Why is he always in his room at his own parties?" asked Zach while taking off his shoes and placing them on the rack. Jack did the same, "He usually just likes to hang out with Corbyn."

"Do they have something going on?" asked Zach again while walking into the kitchen, "I swear they do, Jonah denie- well, he never really denies it. Ignores would be a better word."

"Yeah, they do. Jonah's quite -- I don't know how to describe it. He becomes quiet under pressure, so when you asked him he probably became defensive, right?"

"I think so."

"See. Everyone in this school has a story. Some are darker than others, and then there's the happy ones. Blows my mind sometimes." said Jack while opening Jonah's fridge. Zach raised his eyebrows, "You're just going to open his fridge?"

"Yeah, he doesn't mind. Want a coke?"

"Is water okay?" asked Zach while taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"I guess it is." laughed Jack while grabbing a water bottle, "Got a good catch?"

Zach nodded and Jack lightly threw him the bottle, landing perfectly in his hands. Jack took a seat across from him.

Zach laid his head on the table and looked up at him, "Do you have a story?"

Jack opened the can, "Well, obviously, I think everyone does."

"Can I be enlightened in this story of yours?"

Jack blinked, "It's um, it's quite dark, and it has so many people involved, but I can tell you some of it?"

Zach nodded.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Jack sighed, "Well, brace for impact. It all started with this stupid, shriveled paper being thrown at my seat.

I looked down and picked up the paper, looking forth and back for who thrown it. There was literally no one who looked guilty. So, being the normal human being, I opened the paper. There I read the words, 'i wont tell.'

I was confused, tucking the paper into the back of my jean pocket until later into the day. It fell, in the cafeteria, in front of everyone.

See, everyone saw it as it was written on a bright neon pink piece of paper. Extra, right.

Daniel and Corbyn, oh how they ruined literally everything for me. Daniel picked up the paper without me knowing, while starting the wonderful twitter page called 'Shriveled Paper'. Lovely.

Next day it was a photo of me kissing, my, well, boyfriend at the time, Harry. It was slid into my locker without me knowing, until I opened it up, the paper flying out.

My luck is thin. "That's completely photo-shopped." I told everyone.

I was too afraid to be myself that I had to act as somebody else.

Third day was Harry coming up to me and telling me that I was no longer his. Later on I learned it was all from a guy named Auston, not even in our school. I would tell you more, but I don't really want to go that, y'know, deep."

Zach's breath hitched.

"Auston?" he asked. Jack nodded, "Yeah..."

"Then how'd the stuff get in your locker?"

"He gave the notes and photos to Daniel."

Zach felt his heart fall. Only his brother could do something that cruel.

He reached across the table and held Jack's hand, "You don't need to pretend to be someone else, Jack, at least not with me."

Jack shakily breathed, "I know."

And Zach took a step further, "Do you wanna, y'know, dance?"

Jack smiled at him, "I'd love too."

Love.

~~~~~~~~~~