Chapter 27

Laura•
As I turn around, I see Courtney pacing in front of the entertainment center.

"So, what brings you here?" I ask her as I sit on the couch.

She takes a deep breath and sits beside me. "I've heard the rumors about Ross and I. And I just wanted to say they aren't true."

Huh, I think to myself. I figured she'd be the type of person who would rub it in my face; saying how Ross will come back to her and how she's so much better than me.

"Look," she continues. "You may not believe me when I say this but I'm glad Ross has moved on, I'm not looking to split you guys up by any means. Yes I loved him, and I still care about him. He was one of the only people I had that actually listened to me, cared about me, and understood my problems and helped me get through them. But I feel that we just weren't a perfect match."

I just look into those dark brown eyes, not exactly sure what to say. I mean I don't have a reason to not believe her, because she hasn't done anything to affect me personally.

Do I believe her? Maybe.

"So, um. Is there anything you'd like to say?" She asks while she's playing with her fingers. "You can ask me anything. I don't have anything to hide."

"Actually yes." I say as she looks up from her hands. "The night Ross asked me out, at the concert. You asked him if your break was over. You saw the concert, saw him ask me out. Why did you even bother asking him if your break was over when you clearly saw he moved on?"

She bit her lip and closed her eyes tightly, and opened them. "I don't have any friends, Laura. People think I'm selfish, and I wouldn't blame you if you thought that about me." She took a deep breath. "I was scared, scared that if I let Ross go I wouldn't have anyone there for me like he was. I'm sorry. I'm trying to change."

"I don't think your selfish. I just think you're scared to lose something once you know you have it. Protective, territorial even, I admire that. I accept your apology, and I'm glad you accept Ross and I as a couple." I say as I smile.

She looks at me and smiles. "Thank you. I understand if you'd like me to leave and never want to hear from me again." She stands up and heads towards the door.

"Wait." I say ask stand up and walk towards her. I turn back to the entertainment center and grab a pen and a sticky note. "Here is my number." I say while writing it down. "You can do what you'd like with it. Put it in your phone or throw it away. You can call me if you need someone to talk to. I'd like to be your friend."

I hand her the piece of paper and she smiles wide. She walks to the entertainment center and grabs a sticky note and takes the pen from my hand. "And here is my number. Same rules apply; put it in your phone or throw it in the trash. I would like to accept the invitation to being your friend. And to call me whenever, for whatever."

I smile and take the paper. She heads to the door.

"Thank you Laura, for understanding." She says.

"You're welcome. You have my number, use it. If you like." I say.

She giggles. "It's very likely."

I laugh and I open the front door for her. When I look up I see a familiar blonde walking up the driveway. He stops when he sees Courtney.

"Um. What's going on?" He asks, gazing his eyes back and fourth between Courtney and I.

Courtney smirks as she walks past him. She turns around and says, "I'll be seeing you guys around."

It was completely silent until she left. Then Ross decided to break it.

"You want to tell me what that was about?" He said as he crosses his arms.

I look at him, smile, and put my hands on my hips.
————————-

SURPRISE!!

It has been forever and you guys have no idea how much I've missed writing. I have plenty of stories in my profile I'm waiting to share with you guys.

Well I'm going to try to get back into it! That's if any you guys are still around.

Questions, comments? I'm here!

-See you guys soon! (Hopefully 😏)