She discreetly slid the room key across the desk to me and smiled.

    ‘Thank you’ I mouthed. She nodded and I quickly made my way to the elevator before anyone could discover that I was a spy.

    As, I approached his room my nerves got worse. What if I get caught? I quickly pushed the idea out of my head. He was in the middle of a race. It would be at least another hour until the race was over. I had plenty of time to find out what I needed and leave, with Kimi none the wiser.

    I slid the card in, eliciting a beep and a green flashing light. I turned the door knob and gained entry into the room. This hotel suite was just as beautiful and luxurious as the hotel room I had interviewed him in, back in Australia. Everything was clean, modern and expensive feeling. I slid my phone and clipboard into my oversized handbag and began my investigation.

    I went into the kitchen first. I opened the fridge, where not surprisingly I found it full of beer and vodka. I pulled out my camera and snapped a photo. I riffled through some of the cabinets and drawers, but didn’t find anything else of interest. I moved into the living room, I grabbed the remote and turned on the massive flat screen TV. Maybe he has been ordering some dirty movies. I could discover some type of crazy or disturbing fetish he has.

    Unfortunately, I didn’t find anything. I moved into the bedroom. I had to find something here. There were a few bottles of beer sitting on the bedside table. I sighed, none of this will surprise anyone. I have to find something about him that no one would have guessed. Something his fans don’t know about him. His suitcase was laying on the floor next to the bed, just begging more me to rummage through it. I knelt to the ground and carefully began to pick through it. Making sure to pay careful attention to where everything had been so that I could put it back correctly. There was some Ferrari logo clothing in the bag, as well as his street clothing. Which mainly consisted of plaid shorts and t-shirts. The clothes smelled like Kimi’s spicy smelling cologne and a faint hint of cigarettes. I pulled out a prescription bottle, full of white pills. Pain killers. I knew they were for his back, since he has had surgery, but who knows? He could be abusing them for all I know. I snapped a picture of the bottle. I didn’t find anything else out of the ordinary in the suitcase, so I began to carefully put everything back where it belonged. I looked around the room from my place on the floor, and I spotted something brightly colored under the bed. I crawled closer, and to my disgust found a pair of hot pink, lacy, panties. I crinkled my nose and took a picture before getting back up to my feet. I walked over to the desk and noticed a piece of paper with a phone number scrawled messily across it. There was no name. Just a number. I pulled out my phone and dialed the number.

    “Kuala Lumpur escort services. How may I assist you?” a pleasant voice came over the phone. I quickly hung up. That explains the underwear I suppose.

    I looked curiously around the room for something else. I needed as much dirt on him as I could get. The door in the other room slammed. My eyes went wide and I quickly looked at my watch. He isn’t supposed to be home for another thirty minutes. Panic gripped me, I had to hide. I ran and got into the closet as quietly as possible. I could here frustrated noises and banging coming from the other room. The sounds got closer and my heart rate rose. I closed my eyes, praying he wouldn’t open the closet. He entered the room, he was talking to someone, but I could only hear his footsteps. He must be on the phone.

    “Yes, yes I understand you want better results from me.” Kimi groaned, kicking what must have been the suitcase.

    “Well, its not that easy. Car is no good. Team… no good. What do you want me to do?” I could here frustration evident in Kimi’s voice.

    “I’m a world champion!” he said and let out an exasperated sigh, hanging up the phone.

    I heard him flop onto the bed. Groaning. Please don’t fall asleep I pleaded internally.

    “What am I going to do?” he mumbled.

    I heard the bed springs squeak as he got out of bed. Next, what I could only assume is the bathroom door slammed shut. Then the shower was cut on. The was my chance. I had to sneak out now. I cracked the closet door open slightly. Just in time to hear the bathroom door swing open. Through the gap in the door I could see Kimi re-enter the room, with only a towel wrapped around his waist. His face looked tired, pained. He grabbed the bottle of pain killers out of his bag. Taking a few out and throwing them back into his mouth. Grabbing one of the beers that wasn’t entirely empty off his bed-side table and washing it down. He grimaced and then went back into the bathroom. I finally was able to let my breath out and I seized the opportunity to sneak out of the closet before he could come back. As soon as I was out of the room I dashed for the door. I looked back over my shoulder to make sure I was still unnoticed when I found myself colliding withthe floor. I looked back at the culprit that tripped me. I black backpack that had not been there before. Kimi probably threw it down in a fit of rage. My purse had slid across the floor as I fell and the contents were strewn everywhere. I quickly scrambled to shove everything back into my purse and then get out of there.

    I wasn’t able to breath easy until I was back in my hotel room and even then I was still nervous. I couldn’t believe I made it out of there without getting caught. That was far too close for comfort. I collapsed onto my bed and turned on the television, just in time to see them replaying a crash from the race. Kimi’s crash. My heart broke for him as I saw him almost make contact with Max Chilton, causing him to overcorrect and put two wheels off into the gravel. And with that his car lost control. No wonder he was so frustrated.

    I closed my eyes. Am I doing the right thing by writing this? It’s my job if I don’t, and this could be one of the most important articles ever written about a driver. I have to do this. I opened my eyes and pulled out my laptop. I plugged my camera in and began to upload pictures from today. I also laid out the notes I took about every detail I observed. I jumped when there were a knock at the door. I closed my laptop and jumped up to see who it was. I peaked through the peep-hole to see Kimi. My heart instantly jumped to a thousand beats a minute and my throat felt like it was closing. I had to answer the door though. Maybe it wasn’t related it all. How would he have found out anyway? I took a deep breath and then opened the door.

    “Kimi?” I looked surprised “What are you doing here?”

    “I found something that I think belongs to you.” he said pulling out a press pass and holding it out for me to see. To my horror, it was my press pass. With my name and my picture plastered on it. My heart sunk. It must have fallen out of my purse when I fell.

    “Where did you find that? I’ve been looking all over for it!” I asked curiously, reaching for it. He pulled it away, just before my fingertips could grasp the lanyard.

    “Its weird. I hooked to my backpack.” He paused thoughtfully “You know I never saw you at the track today, so I don’t know how it would have gotten there.”

    “Yeah… you know I was in the Ferrari garage this morning looking for you.” I paused for effect “they said you were busy though so I left, but the thing is, when I walked into the garage I had to show my press pass. I don’t think I ever got it back.” I lied. I could tell Kimi was pondering the idea. Finally I saw him nodding.

    “That must have been what happened.” he agreed handing the press pass back to me. “Have a good evening miss Blake.”

    “You too Kimi.” I said, watching him walk down the hall.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. I work extremely hard on these stories (Especially this particular chapter) and comments and things are what makes it all worth it. Thanks!

XOXO HB