Penny Parker (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

She cut him off. "Ohmygosh YOU'RE BRUCE BANNER!" She looked at Tony, gesturing frantically at the scientist. "It's Bruce Banner!"

He tried not to laugh, but failed miserably. "She's a big fan, Bruce. Read all your works. Even better, she understood them."

That got Bruce's attention. "You u derstood them?"

Penny nodded shyly. "I really love your studies on Gamma radiation. They're really cool."

Bruce raised his eyebrows. "Where'd you find this little genius?"

Tony waved his hand aimlessly. "Midtown tech."

Penny rubbed her hands together nervously. "So... what am I going to work on? Anything specific?"

Tony nodded. "I wanted you to show Bruce your webshooters."

She blinked. "What?"

Beside her, Bruce had the same reaction. "What?"

Tony pointed at Penny. "Look at this girl. Look. See how small, and innocent she is?"

Penny huffed. "I could kick your-"

"Language," he interrupted.

Bruce nodded warily. "What's your point?"

Tony clapped his hands together. "Would you believe this tiny innocent human fights crime on a daily basis?"

Penny rolled her eyes. "Seriously, Mr Stark?"

She turned to Bruce. "Since he seems to be enjoying the sound of his voice, I will give you the short version. I'm Spidergirl."

There was an unnerving silence. Then...

"What are your webs made of?"

Tony pulled both of them to Penny's desk. "That's what I was saying. Show him your webs, Pen."

She shot a strand at the ceiling, pulling herself up to hang from it. "Hi."

His mouth dropped open. "Wait, is that-"

Penny dropped down, pulling open a drawer and pulling out a paper. "This is my first draft for making it."

He took it, studying it carefully. "First draft, you say."

She nodded excitedly. "It's a long-chain polymer, related to nylon. On contact with air, it knits and forms an extremely tough, flexible fiber with extraordinary adhesive properties. The web fluid's adhesive quality diminishes rapidly with exposure to air. After approximately 1 hour, certain imbibed esters cause the solid form of the web fluid to dissolve into a powder, leaving virtually no trace. Cool, right?"

He shook his head. "Wow. You've got a smart kid here, Tony."

Tony looked up. "Oh, she's not mine." He was quick to deny it.

Too quick, in Bruce's eyes.

But he shrugged it off, going back to the web formula.

"You're really something, kid."

Penny bounced on her toes. "Thank you so much Mr Banner sir!"

He smiled. "Call me Bruce."

Her eyes widened comically. "Thank you so much! Ned's going to freak when I tell him."

She turned to Tony. "I need to go on patrol, that okay?"

He nodded, giving her a reassuring smile. "Yeah, kid. You go on. We'll have pizza when you get back, yeah? The team will be here by then."