Instant kill engaged

Peter's world stopped with a scream.

He watched with horror as Tony plummeted from the sky.

It had been a routine mission. Just something that would take no more than a few minutes.

But then it turned bad.

Natasha was down, Clint was down, Steve was getting overwhelmed, and Bruce was still back at the tower. They had thought they wouldn't need hulk.

But it was bad. So bad.

Peter dropped to his knees beside Tony's still form, breath catching in his throat.

"Dad? Dad! Please, wake up! Please!"

He felt for a pulse, and panicked when he couldn't find one.

Then he let out a sob of relief as he felt a faint beat under his fingers.

He heard movement behind him, and turned.

It was one of those... things. The bots.

As it leapt towards them, he webbed it down, fury filling his heart.

They weren't going to take his family away. Not again.

He gritted his teeth. "Friday, take dad back to the tower."

"Yes, Peter."

Seconds later, the suit closed, and lifted off.

Peter pulled his mask on. "Karen? Instant kill. Now."

"Yes Peter. Instant kill engaged."

The eyes of his suit narrowed to red dots, and he ran forward, flipping off of debris, reaching the spot where Natasha was huddled.

Her leg was bleeding, and she was surrounded by the mangled remains of several bots.

She looked up, her eyes pained. "Peter, we can't-"

She noticed his eyes. "Peter? What's-?"

He ignored her, instead using several combinations of webs to bring the remaining bots down.

He worked methodically, but quickly, and viciously, rage spurring him on.

Then he moved on to Clint, doing the same thing.

Then Steve. He was doing better than the others, but he was within minutes of going down.

Peter flipped in, landing on the head of one of the bots. He jerked it around, breaking the mechanism inside, then using the built-in lasers to take down the rest.

Steve sank down on one knees, cradling his arm. "Peter, what's going on with your suit? And where's Tony?"

His words cut through the haze of red filling Peter's vision. He pulled off his mask, and sucked in a lungful of fresh air for the first time in minutes.

The eyes of his suit faded to white, and Peter shoved it in his pocket.

Natasha came hobbling over, leaning on Clint.

Peter didn't meet their eyes, instead walking back to the jet.

He sat in the front, away from the others, but he could still hear their conversation, thanks to his enhanced hearing.

"-see that? It was like-"
"-don't know what-"
"-started glowing red-"
"-have no idea-"
"-freaky, like he was-"

Peter ignored them, trying not to care that they were talking about him.