13

Jedrek POV:

I walk away with confusion blinding me. I have the urge to turn around but know it's not right. It's wrong that I kissed a Vampire.

But why? She's my mate.

I run the rest of the way home.

When I get home I open the door and am met with the smell of roasted beef, potato and veggies.

"Jed, just in time for dinner. The tables set so go take a seat." My mother calls as she walks past with a bowl of something.

I trug my way to the dinning room where most of the unmated wolves are.

I take a seat at the head with my parents on my right. Once everyone  is seated I signal for dinner to commence.

I dish up but play with my food. It's hard to eat when your mate might be hungry.

"Son, is there a problem?" My dad ask over the chatter of the people. I poke my mash before answering.

"Why do we despise Vampires so much?"

"We just do"

"But why?"

"Why do you care?" My mother interrupts still eating with no care in the world.

"I'm trying to resolve an issue" I crpticly answer.

"The hatred runs deep into the Werewolf community and blood. It's always been that way." My mom answers.

"So you hate them for reasons unknown to you?"

"Jedrek, just drop it." My farther answers sternly. I'm not scared of him but I do respect him.

I look forward. Poking my food for a last time, I stand and look at my parents.

"Please excuse me, I have matters to attend to." I don't wait for an answer as I walk out the door and into the dark night.

On my way to the cells I get a mind link. A thing that can only happen between mates and Beta's.

What?

The vampire had escaped!

Oh, don't worry. I know where she is.

Oh really? I could almost here the smirk on his face.

Cover for me.

Sure thing.

I turn and speed walk towards the cliffs preparing a speech in my head.

When I get there, I see no one. I frown. Just as I turn to leave, I get a splitting headache.

Something isn't right.

Beta, are you sure the Vampire isn't there?

Positive but someone else is here.

Who?

Some people from the werewolf council.