ten

track 1: perfect illusion by lady gaga.

track 2: younger by ruel.

track 3: why should i be sad by britney spears.

track 4: dazed & confused by ruel.

track 5: natural by zayn.

track 6: starstruck by lady gaga.

track 7: idfc by blackbear.

track 8: falling by why don't we.

track 9: fool for you by zayn. 

track 10: sweet creature by harry styles.

" it's hard when we argue, we're both stubborn, i know. "

"It's happening again."

"What is?"

"I can't," the tears flowed down his cheeks smoothly, "I can't go through this again."

"Don't worry."

"How? It's out there, the whole school can see it."

The arms wrapped around him tightly, "It's not true, right? It was just a dare."

He shook his head violently, "Yeah, yeah, of course. I'd never do that."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm one hundred percent sure." he wiped the tears off of his now tear stained cheek, "Now help me look presentable."

"But, you and that boy have something-"

"No, I don't. I don't know how many people I have to tell this to. He's my friend."

"That's not what your eyes say."

"My eyes are just the doors to a dark room filled with pain and sorrow, what can you see in these stupid things?"

"I don't see anything, but he does."

"Oh shut up. All he can probably see is brown eyes."

"You're too blind to see it for yourself. Stop denying who you fall for, and for anything you shouldn't be scared to tell me. Just live with the truth."

"But the lie is what gets me through it all."

"Lying is what ruins lives. Just listen to what I say, that boy wants you. And I know for a fact you want him. So close your mouth and stop overthinking before you speak. That shriveled paper means nothing."

"To you."

~

Zach grabbed his phone out of his pocket and tried his best to silently text Jack in class. He opened their chat and typed in a, 'hey'.

He stared at the screen, hoping to see the typing symbol. Minutes passed until he actually saw one.

'Hello'.

Zach bit his tongue as he typed back a response, 'how are you?'

'I'm fine'.

'ok, hows the lesson youre in right now?' Zach was desperate to start a conversation with him.

'Boring. Math's slowly corrupting my brain as we speak.'

Zach smiled at his phone, 'wow, im praying for you. pretty sure im gonna get caught soon but like whatever'

'Awh, I'd be the reason why sweet little Zach gets in trouble. I feel bad already :'('

'can i virtually punch you?'

'Idk, if you tried hard enough.'

'ok i gtg but talk soon?' Zach sent the text with hope in his eyes. 

'Of course.'

~

Zach was standing, hand in his jean pockets while waiting for Jack to join him. He was currently waiting for his bus to arrive (their bus always arrived late to the high school) and Jack would usually be with him by now.

Daniel arrived behind him, "Hey Zach."

"Hey."

Daniel looked around, "Where's Jack?"

"I don't know, I've been looking around for him though." said Zach while looking toward the front of the school.

There he finally was, walking out of the building while continually wiping his eyes. His face was one of red and he looked like he had just been crying. Zach instantly became worried and walked up to him, "Hey, Jack."

Jack looked up, "Oh, hey -- Zach."

"What's wrong?" he asked curiously. Jack shook his head almost too quickly, "Nothing."

"Are you sure? You can talk to me."

"Yeah, I'm all right."

The bus finally arrived and rolled into the parking lot, letting kids finally step foot into it. Zach decided not to pry into why Jack looked like he did after the Auston incident, but would later regret saying nothing.

Regret.

~~~~~~~~