"You have such pretty blood, Aya-chan!!" Before Toga could do anything more to her, the man pulled on the back of the girl's uniform collar. "That's not what we're here to do." He chastised.

Toga frowned. "You never let me have fun, Dabi!"

So his name was Dabi. Ayano made another mental note.

"Do anything more to her and she won't last another day." Dabi responded, although he made it seem more like a chore than a concern.

Another day!? You mean she'd been here for only a day?!! Her concept of time was completely ruined with their torture sessions. It felt like she had been there for days, maybe even a week.

She heard the wispy sound of a portal being opened. Shigaraki Tomura stepped through with her school bag in his hands. "Still not being cooperative?" He asked but didn't receive an answer as expected.

"Well, not like it matters. We looked into your bag and your laptop. There are tons of your designs here that we could use." He pulled out a sheet of paper from her bag. It was one of the prototype designs for Vlad King's support item.

He knelt down to show her. "This one is pretty neat. For the pro hero Vlad King, huh? I think this weapon would suit one our own much better though."

Toga giggled. "If we made that, I could get tonsss of blood easily! Suck, suck, suck!"

Shigaraki ignored her, continuing. "So you see, you've provided us with detailed enough designs that we could just make these weapons ourselves."

"So kill me then." Was that her voice? Ayano barely even recognized it with how raspy it was.

Shigaraki laughed. "What's that? Begging for us to kill you?"

"Not begging." Ayano slowly responded. She couldn't speak any faster with all this pain. "You can make them on your own. You just said it yourself. There is no need for me to be here...Unless, of course...you do need me..."

Her cheek was pressed against the cold floor and she didn't have the energy to lift her head to look at their faces, but Ayano was sure that the scene would have been priceless.

"Oh, silence...So, you do need me for something more..." She gave a dry laugh. "Good to know."

Half of this was just to provoke and annoy them, but it really was good news to hear. She would have more time to live and figure out how to escape. Her laughter echoed.

It was abruptly stopped when she felt a foot stomping into her ribs, a sickening crack following. She managed to stifle her scream, annoying Shigaraki even more as he stomped on her repeatedly.

Her mind faded into darkness again.

.

.

.

The next time she woke up, Ayano noticed that she had not been moved.

She then felt the presence of other people. Through blurry vision, she saw a couple of villains at a counter. They were working on something, presumably building one of her designs.

She was not moved from her spot on the floor, but it seemed somebody had bandaged her wounds and cleaned all the blood while she was unconscious.

Ayano assumed that some time had passed, since she felt like she now had much more range of motion. She sat up, the process very slow and gradual to avoid agitating her wounds.

Some of the villains glanced in her direction but made no move to stop her. With her injuries and her hands tied behind her back, they had no fear of her trying anything.