Road Trip

The next few days passed quickly, and Lance kept his family and Romelle's advice in the back of his head. It was hard though, seeing Keith everywhere he went when he had set his mind to living without him. Maybe it was true he had learned to live without him but held onto the pain.

He wanted to talk to Keith because he was probably going through the same thing as Lance, but for some reason he felt contradicted and confused almost like he did right before he left. After the fight.

The thing was whenever Lance looked back on his childhood with Keith, he immediately thought of their good times on the beach at the rock and with each other's families. But then his brain would pull up a crisp view of their departure. Or departures.

The first time, the time he left for good. The fight, and confusion. Anger and sadness, emotions blurred past lines of definition causing them to say some hurtful things. Things you can't take back..even when they apologized.

Which would bring him to the second departure. The real end of their relationship in Lance's opinion. When they started talking again and then Keith just stopped.

Lance knew it had something to do with Mr. Kogane, but never knew what really happened. Lance felt that him and Keith had never truly fixed the issue with their "relationship" in the first time because ever since that time when he was in the hospital and Keith kissed his cheek, Lance had been feeling they were something more. But they never spoke about it. It was a silent treaty that never actually was put to work.

And then the fight, and Lance never forgot the mutual agreement that him and Keith had never had anything, and that hurt. So when Keith just disappeared like that, he had already learned to prepare for more pain. And it didn't hurt as much. But that didn't mean he totally understood.

Instead he let it go, and moved on with it inthe back of his mind. Now, with the dream and thoughts and memories and..Keith her with him now was too much. Everything was coming back, the fun, the smiles, the tears, the hugs, the games, the pain. And Lance didn't know how to handle it. He wondered how Keith was. If he even felt it at all.

Lance needed something to keep his mind off it. Either that, or to have a chance to talk to Keith. So he set to work trying to finding something to do with his friends.

He finally settled on it. It was a rainy morning, that was looking to turn into a sunny afternoon later on. Lance woke up and immediately went into Matt and Hunk's room trying not to wake up Keith or Pidge. He found Hunk sleeping on his stomach, his back slowly heaving up and settling back down, fluttering breaths on his pillow.

Lance immediately felt bad for waking him up. "Hunk." He whispered, shaking his shoulder.

Hunk didn't react.

"Hunk." Lance said a little louder, shaking him again. He turned to see if Matt had woken up but he was even more in a deep sleep.

Lance bit his lip as he picked up a pillow and lightly slapped it against Hunk's head. Hunk twitched. Lance's eyes widened and he stepped back two paces watching Hunk.

Hunk slowly turned. His head turned to see Lance wide eyed beside his bed. He lifted hand to the back of his head. "Dude why? Just- just why?" he groaned.

Lance smiled sheepishly before putting a finger to his lips. "I have a plan. Don't wake up Matt."

------------------------------

Keith woke up groggily to a sound of shuffling and zipping bags. He sat up to see Lance on his knees zipping up Pidge's suitcase. He blinked.

"Lance? What are you doing?" He asked yawning.