Chapter 5: It's Humid Here

Berlin Airport

Claire Stark's POV

T'Challa and I watched from behind a truck as Steve jogged through the airport. I was wearing a suit designed by Shuri that was woven with vibranium. Dad and Uncle Rhodey flew down, landing in front of him.

"Focus on just the mission for right now, Clary." T'Challa whispered to me. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Dad said, turning to Uncle Rhodey after the face part of his helmet folded back into the suit.

"Definitely weird." Uncle Rhodey replied. The two turned to Steve.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve told him. T'Challa jumped over the truck. I followed with some assistance from a blast of ice.

"Captain." T'Challa greeted Steve. I smiled at him.

"Your highness, Snowball." Steve greeted the two of us.

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Dad asked Steve politely.

"You're after the wrong guy." Steve insisted.

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." Dad told Steve. Steve sighed.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't." Steve told us. Nat walked up beside Dad.

"Steve... you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Nat asked him. Dad sighed.

"All right, I've run out of patience." Dad said before cupping his mouth with his hands to increase the volume of his voice. "Underoos!" Peter flipped over Steve's head while shooting webs to steal his shield and bind his hands. He landed on the truck.

"Nice job, kid." Dad told him. Peter stood up from his crouching position, still holding Steve's shield.

"Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's-It's perfect. Thank you." Peter stumbled over his words to thank Dad, and I couldn't help but smile at his eagerness.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation." Dad told him. Peter nodded.

"Okay. Cap... Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man." Peter greeted everyone. I could practically feel T'Challa struggling to keep a straight face under his helmet.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just..." Dad was cut off by Peter.

"Hey, everyone." He said with a wave.

"... good job." Dad finished.

"You've been busy." Steve commented, still looking at Web Head.

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint. 'Rescuing' Pietro and Wanda from a place they don't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Dad told Steve. Pietro and Wanda were here? This will be fun.

"You did that when you signed." Steve replied. Dad sighed.

"Alright, We're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us. NOW! Because it's us! Or a squad of J-SOC guys... with no compunction about being impolite" Dad said. Steve looked aside. "Come on."

Steve held his hands up, and Clint fired an arrow to free him. T'Challa looked around, trying to find Clint.

"Hey, guys, something..." Peter said as another man appeared out of nowhere. He had Steve's shield.