I'm here

//You should listen to If You Know by Joel Faviere, that's what I listened to writing this...

Midoriya stood there holding onto his arm as blood slowly streamed down his fingertips, "Todoroki, please, just calm down!" the boy shouted. Todoroki froze in place, heaving loudly, steam came from his left side and he wiped the sweat off his forehead. 

Todorokis fists tightened and his brow furrowed. Stepping forward the steamy boy swung out his left arm casting a wave of flames that washed over his surroundings. "I, I can't!" Todoroki stepped forward, his hand tugged at his shirt and he tried to gather himself, "I can't calm down when she's out there somewhere, out there with... With that scumbag!" 

//Obvi he's talking about his dad haha love you Endi

Deku's eyes widened, "I, I told her I'd protect her. That I'd make sure no one could hurt her and bring us apart again, and yet... Yet..." Todoroki's voice cracked as he fell to his knees, his head in his hands. Bitting his lip his shoulders rose up and down, muffled sobs along with the crackling of his fire filled the silence. Deku stared down at his friend. 

Why didn't he notice Todoroki-kun was suffering so deeply sooner? How did his friend manage to keep all those heavy feelings to himself for so long? So many questions filled Midoriya's head as he took a step closer to Todoroki, and another, until finally, he was only a foot away. 

"Todoroki"

Silence.

"Todoroki, look at me." Leaning down to meet eye to eye with Todoroki, Midoriya placed one hand on Todoroki's shoulder and lifted Todoroki's chin with the other. The reflection of the moon mixed with the tears that began to fall down his cheeks made Todoroki's eyes twinkle. His nose was running and his hair was damp and scattered across his forehead. Midoriya smiled moving the hair out of Todoroki's eyes. 

"It'll be okay now," Standing up Midoriya holds out a hand to Todoroki, "No matter how helpless you may feel now, I'll stay by your side and help you stay wrong. So don't fret Todoroki-kun, I'm here." 

Todoroki looked up at Midoriya. Midoriya stood there with his hands on his hips, his smile was fearless and his eyes were filled with strength and warmth. Todoroki stood up laughing slightly as he wiped the tears from his cheeks, "You know, that sounds like something All Might would say... Are you sure you two aren't related?

Midoriya laughed slightly as his arms dropped back to his sides. Both boys stood there in silence before Midoriya reached for Todoroki's hand and squeezed it gently. 

"I swear, I'll make sure you and your mom are together again, okay?" Todoroki's eyes widened and he looked at Midoriya deeply. He tried to look for any signs of bluffing, anything that may be a sign that what he was saying was a joke, but it wasn't. 

"Why would you do that for... Me?" Todoroki's voice rose slightly at the end of his sentence, he was shocked, no one has ever been kind enough to help him as Midoriya has. Midoriya smiled and gave Todoroki a confused glance, 

"We're friends aren't we?" Those words made Todoroki's heart leap, "Besides," Midoriya's cheeks turned red as he tilted his head ever so slightly to avert his eyes away from Todoroki's, "I want you to be happy..." 

Todoroki blushed, unable to control himself he pulled Midoriya closer and held him in a strong embrace (Kirishima: A manly totally not gay embrace ;v ). Tears ran down and Todoroki dug his face into Midoriya's neck. Midoriya rapped his unharmed arm across the back of Todoroki's head.  The two of them embraced in silence as the moon shined down on the young boys. In the distance, the sound of footsteps could be heard, but the two didn't care. They stood there embraced by one anothers warth.

"Thank you, Midoriya."

// Hope you enjoyed. I was feeling kinda angsty. 

// For more depressing content listen to Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood because it speaks for Todoroki. I'm going to go make my Deku shirt that says shirt. uwu see yuh in the next drabble. Technically it's not a drabble because a drabble is only 100 words but oh well MOVING ON.