11. Confrontation

Mackenzie's pov

When Annie told me she had feelings for Hayden, and that she had chosen him, i was a little nervous. Hayden and I both got her around the same time, he was the first person who made me feel welcome here. He was my first real friend. We've been here for two years, and it's always been me and him against the world. But now it's him and Annie.

Annie told me that the other boy she had feelings for was someone named Asher. So I went through the people she followed and found one, Asher Angel. I dmed him and told him everything that was going on with Annie and Hayden, exaggerating a little. I told him anything that would make him hate Hayden, so that hopefully, he could get Annie to hate him too. Then I'd have Hayden all to myself.

Asher responded rather fast, and he responded with one word. "Oh." About an hour later I heard Annie saying "I'm sorry Asher" as I walked past her room.

"Cool. Asher is doing this earlier than I thought"

The next morning Annie comes bursting into my room. "I trusted you! I told you everything and you went and told him! Now I'm right back where I started!" I have to do everything in my power to hold back laughter but it comes out anyway. "You think this is funny?" I look at Annie with a bored expression and say, "Hun, I've known Hayden longer. I know more about him. You've known him for what? A week? I bet you don't even know his favorite color. Obviously I'm more suited to be his girlfriend, not you. So go back to your "superhero" of a boyfriend and leave mine alone. Thank you." Annie rolls her eyes and leaves, muttering "bitch" as she walks out.

Do I feel bad? Nope. Not at all.

Later, Asher dms me again, telling me to stay away from Annie.
(DMS WILL BE NEXT CHAPTER)