He was still a Flirt, two.

Six years ago,

“Sam!”

“Sam! Wake up! My dad will kill me if he saw us like this!!”

Sam squirmed in bed then froze when he felt it. Elizabeth’s erratic breathing was hitting the base of his throat.

“S-Sam,” her hushed whisper tickled his chin. He subconsciously licked his bottom lip.

Elizabeth tensed against him, her soft curves aligned against his perfectly.

“You’re awake! You’re such a jerk, Sam. Sometimes I don’t even know how we’re best friends!” he smiled and raised his free arm that was not held down by Elizabeth’s head and pushed his hair back.

“Morning babe,” he muttered.

“You’ve got bear breath, Sam. It’s disgusting,” she whined pushing against him. He chuckled, opening his eyes for the first time.

Elizabeth’s eyes were wide and shining with the gleam of the sun teasing them through the curtains.

“Oh, bear breath? Interesting,” he said a little louder as he held onto her waist and pushed her flush against him. He raised an eyebrow waiting for her wrath since he literally just breathed against her face.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and pushed against him again,” Sam, don’t talk, seriously your mouth smells like ass,”

He laughed out loud and Elizabeth blushed crimson red at the same moment she slammed her palms against his mouth.

"You'll get us caught!"

He winked at her and licked her palm. She squealed and giggled pushing at his leg which was now settling around both of Beth’s legs.

“You love me, Beth. Even with my ass breath, admit it,” he said playfully. Suddenly, as if she was hit by a bucket of ice water, her eyes filtered and Sam unwrapped his limbs from around her.

He would always drop the L word just to tease her; maybe encourage her to leave any sign. Maybe just show him that she is still the same girl who loved him before high school. However, she always seemed to sober up when he muttered those words.

“come on, we’ll be late for school and you still have to pick up your car from your house,” she told him as she got out of bed and grabbed a towel to cover her tank top and boy shorts.

“I parked a block away, Beth. It’s cool,”

“Whatevs,” she muttered as she strode into the bathroom and a moment later, the shower was running.

Sam stared at the bathroom door that she always left open, even when he slept over, which meant always for the last five months.

He never understood if she was trying to tempt him, or she simply trusted him.

He sighed. Sometimes, his best friend was so close he could feel her beneath his skin. Yet sometimes, they share a moment and she turns into an ice queen.

He felt angry all of a sudden and without thinking, he walked up the open door and hissed,” What the fuck is your problem, Beth,”

He heard the shower stop and a sigh resonated around the tiled room.

“Just go Sam, I am just pmsing.”

He chuckled, rubbed his temples and then asked,” why do you leave the door open, Beth? Are you trying to send me a message? Because I’m sure as fuck we are not going anywhere with the rate we are going.”

Her breath caught and it took her a full minute to come up with a reply,” this is one of the moments that I really hate you,”

He rolled his eyes and pushed the door open, walking into the room glaring at her silhouette through the glass door.

“No Beth. This is one of the moments when you wish—“he started and walked to the door, just a meter away from her.

Without thinking, he pushed it open and she squealed, but he kept his eyes on her face.

“This is one of the moments that you really want me in that shower with you, and all you can say to hide your feelings is that you hate me when you feel anything but hatred—“

Her eyes were wide as saucers, her mouth opening and closing. A blush was creeping from her chest to her face. Shit, he didn’t think this through.

He took another step closer, the steam wetting his hair and shirtless chest.

“One day, you will regret every day you spent without my arms around you, bestie,”

~

Present day

Sam woke up with a start, why the hell did he dream of that day six years ago was beyond his understanding.

He tilted his head forward and muttered,” fuck,”

It didn’t matter if he didn’t understand why he remembered that memory, his body sure as hell didn’t mind.

“Babe, you awake? I’m making coffee,” Jenna’s voice made him fee instantly guilty.

Jenna was his soul mate. Why the hell was he remembering shit that is none of his business?

Elizabeth’s days are completely over.

He rubbed his face and glanced at the sun dancing against the flowing white curtains.

“You know I love you right?”

Hell no. he will not get into this again. H to the L no.

“Coming!” he called out and grabbed his boxers off the floor before walking to where Jen was standing in his shirt.

She glanced at him and threw him a gorgeous smile before getting back to making coffee.

“What took you so long? Another hard day?” she asked with kindness in her voice.

“Not really. Good morning babe,” he answered as he cornered her against the counter and kissed her senseless.

“wohao, look here. You seem excited,” her eyes gleamed with humor and he winked,” the woman I love is in front of me in nothing but my shirt. Can you blame a man?”

She tsked and wrapped her arm around his neck,

Work can wait.

~