Chapter One - friends, right?

Life for me was perfect growing up. I had two loving parents, trustworthy friends, gifts every Christmas and birthday, wonderful house too. I had everything until i had nothing. Until HE moved in next door. He was supposedly "the most perfect child a parent could ask for" but i could see right through him when his beady little eyes would connect with mine. He was hiding something big behind his fake smile and happy face and i was going to find out.

At first he tried to be friends with me but I wasn't falling for his trick. He had already convinced my friends and even my own family to turn on me because of his nonexistent charm. Now Christmas' and birthdays were more than ruined because either way I had to see his disgusting face.

So, what do you think a six year old girl who, had to give away some of her presents to her neighbor, was friendless, and hated the guts out of a boy ( aka her neighbor )would do? She fights. I punched him right in the face one morning. I lost, drastically but it still felt good to see his surprised expression when i landed my fist right in the middle of his face. I ended up with a broken nose and rib and he was wound free.

Even though now that we're all grown up our feelings toward each other have only grown. Fourteen years of my life has been wasted bullying and being bullied (to and by the same guy). I turn twenty in a week and I've planned not to let him affect my life by being in it.

RIIIING

I glance up at the door to see a customer walk in with a smile on her face. I smiled back and welcomed her and she began to walk around, picking up different salts and bath bombs as she went by them. A little while later a man walks in and stands next to her putting his arm around her waist.

I sigh to myself and stare at my phone screen for a distraction when a message pops up as a blocked number. I skeptically open the message and see the words "IM COMING BY THE STORE I HAVE TO PICK SOMETHING UP FOR MY GF. BE A DEAR AND GET IT FOR ME WILL YA. - AR". Of course this would be no other than Aden Riley himself. I ignore the list that comes after and delete the txt.

Him in my store HA. He'd have to think again if he thinks I'm going to let him in here. The couple pays and leaves and I hurriedly rush to the door to lock it, when its pushed open and I'm thrown to the floor.

"What are you doing on the floor?," His voice booms in my head, sending shivers down my body and not in a good way.

I glare up at him to which he returns. "I happen to be trying to keep you out!," I snarl my reply and glare even harder.

He brushes it off and walks around my store not even bothering to react to my tugging and pulling. "Oh," he turned his head and gave me a smirk "Did you get what I asked for?"

I had given up on trying to kick him out and went back to my counter. I shake my head and return to my phone deciding if i pay him any attention he'd bother me even more.

"Who does he think i am, his slave?," I whisper to myself.

A few minutes go by before he walks up to the counter with his arms filled with bath supplies. I glance over every thing and turn on the scanner and as I reach to turn on the computer Aden leans over the counter so we're face to face and turns off the computer with out breaking eye contact.

He chuckles, "Di Di. We're friends right?"

I glare up at him and give him a fake smile.,"Of course we're not you imbicole."

"Great!," he exclaims, beginning to pick up all the items and place them in a bag. "So you got this for me right! Thanks Di!"

He runs out the store leaving me a fuming mess. 'Don't worry about it Drinvi he's only doing it to rile you up.' My conscience rings in my head calming me down slightly.

Sitting back down in my chair a neatly folded piece of paper catches my eyes. It was blue with a golden trim design. I pick it up and examined it. Almost immediately I noticed the name Aden Riley.

I unfolded the paper and read the contents. Your invited to celebrate Aden's 20th birthday. Bring a friend, dress your best, and come at 12:00pm to 4848 wolflane drive and have the night of your life. I chuckled and threw the paper on the ground. Such a childish thing to do for a grown man.

Of course I was going, I wouldn't pass up a party opportunity even if it was from the one person I wanted to stab in the face 68 times.

My phone buzzed slightly underneath my hand notifying me i had a call. I picked it up hurriedly when i saw the name of my best friend.

"Dri lets have lunch, you know the place.," she said quickly and hanging up just as soon as the call had started.

Collecting all my things and headed out the door and lock up after putting up the out to lunch sign. I make my way down the street hurriedly.

I arrive at the small café in less than ten minutes and find my best friend, Abagail, sitting at our favorite spot right outside with a little umbrella to shade us from the sun.

"Hey!," I exclaim as she comes crashing into my arms.

"Long time no see bae!," she says squeezing me tighter.

I let her go  and sign to her while speaking the words with a smile," So, how have you been?"

In no time were talking and laughing and forgetting about a certain store that was supposed to be off break an hour ago.

"So...,"Her eyes hold a glint of mischief."Are you going to Aden's party?"

She glares at me and I can't help but laugh at her adorable angry face. I shake my head no to tease her and reach for my drink after I've calmed down and taking a sip. Her glare hardens and this time I know its for real. I copy her face and shake my head again.

"Whyyy...," she drags out and plops her head down on the table.

I tap her shoulder and she peaks her head out of her arms,"What dress Should I wear?

Her eyes light up and a smirk lights up on her face, "This is going to be fun."