PreDBH! Daniel x reader HC's

- You always felt connected to animals.

- More than humans, anyway.

- So, of course, you said yes when your elderly neighbors asked you to walk their dogs, since they hadn't the strength to take them to longer walks anymore.

- So you got five dogs to walk once a day.

- Every time, you walked through the same park. You liked that very park, since it was beautiful. Like now. The winter was coming and leaves had frozen at night. They crunched under your feet and you let the dogs loose, to play a bit around the park.

- A black-haired girl came by you, watching the dogs play.

- "Are those all yours?" she asked in awe.

- You laughed and shook your head.

- "I thought I'd help my neighbors by walking their dogs." you said and one of the dogs, Golden Retriever named Skippy, came over and sniffed the girl.

- She laughed and pet Skippy, who immediately started licking the girl.

- "Daniel, come to look! There are doggies!" she yelled and you saw a man walk over. You smiled and turned to the girl.

- "What's your name?"

- "I'm Emma. And this is Daniel, the best android in the world!" girl exclaimed and Skippy went to sniff Daniel too.

- "Nice to meet you both, I'm Y/N." you said, still smiling and pet Skippy while it was over-excited for all the affection he had.

- And ever since that day, Daniel and Emma made sure that if they were going to the park, they would come that particular park.

- You always had fun together, playing with the dogs and Emma's parents were happy for you and the dogs making Emma happy. She hadn't much friends besides Daniel. It had continued for a few months now.

- One day, Daniel asked to talk with you alone.

- So, you invited him to come over to your home.

- When he arrived, he was acting really nervous and that made you confused. You snatched a big mug of your favorite hot beverage and sat down on the sofa, asking Daniel to join you.

- He fidgeted a bit, staring at the ground.

- "Okay, what's the matter?" you asked after the uncomfortable silence had been consuming the living room for a few minutes.

- He was still silent for a moment, but you knew he was about to talk.

- "Have... have you heard about those deviants? The androids that... that learned how to feel real emotions?" he finally asked and you sighed.

- "Yes. A horrible case."

- He flinched a bit and you frowned at him.

- "They were executing them. Is it really right thing to do?" he asked quietly and your mouth opened a bit.

- "If you ask me, it's not. It's wrong. I hate the human kind... they were living beings, they were never some toys that can be thrown away..." you muttered and saw Daniel glance at you.

- He was quiet a moment again.

- "So if... if I was a deviant, you..." he began, but you took his hand.

- "Of course not. You're my friend." you said and smiled softly at him. "And I know you're gonna confess you're a deviant. No machine could look Emma with so much affection. You love her like she was your sister. Am I right?"

- "...yes." he said quietly and turned his gaze to your hands. He carefully intertwined his fingers with yours.

- "I... I realized I was a deviant when... I realized I had feelings for you." he said and you saw the blue blush creep to his face. "Sorry."

- You were quiet for a moment and you felt how your own blush was flowing to your face.

- "You don't have to apologize. And... I just might like you too." you smiled sheepishly and leaned in to peck Daniel quickly on the cheek.

- You stared at each other, both blushing and smiling sheepishly at each other.

- And after a while, Daniel was told to go home, but he promised to visit you again soon.

- You started dating a week after that, secretly of course.

- And when Emma's parents had decided to abandon Daniel, he called you crying and you rushed to Phillips' home and promised to take him to live with you. Fortunately, Emma's parents agreed with that.

- Emma visited you sometimes and Daniel got to see how Emma grew to be a woman and have her own family.

- And you loved each other so much that everyone would want a relationship like that.