Prologue - Happy to be alive!

In an older, farther off reality, where skin had scales or fur and land was united begrudgingly between the tense might of two rulers, the Gods have decided to try to create a mediator between the two divisions, born out of love from those who had lost and found it in the earlier war and fear of losing it in the impending civil war. They were common objects given a soul, known as Aazre, given the task to care and watch over whoever had longed for their comfort. But despite their kind presence sprouting throughout the war-torn land, offering peace and love from the Gods' themselves, the land still erupted in fierce battle from the two sides.

As the battles spread and rebellions grew to attack one another out of fear and hatred, one little town was on the brink of being absorbed into the battle as well. And as the town prepared for what they believed to be the end of their peace, one lonely artist named Pini struggled to find purpose in continuing his work. He once believed in the peace represented in his art between their races, but as friends left him to join the fight, he found the idea of not going to defend his town weighing on  him. 

While he persisted to push forward with his nonviolent beliefs, others began to question and ridicule his choice to stay behind. He would explain himself over and over to those who remained in the town with him, eventually breaking off his communication with them entirely. Slowly, his artwork had lost the peaceful natures and families he painted and began to bleed out patriotic imagery of his kind, despite how ugly they seemed to him. He would bury himself in his work out of fear of going to battle, finding any reason to justify his cowardice as his passion slowly tore at his heart. So as customers dwindled and the militia grew in need of young soldiers, he resorted to the Aazre for validation.

He decided to use a mannequin as a vessel for the Aazre due to its simplicity, but further on decided to make the head a mix between his flat, reptilian head with a slender mammalian head. He had hoped this would be a message to what he truly stood for; a cohabitation of both races that could work together to instate peace. But when he created her, he didn't realize how beautiful she was, or how kind she would be towards his fear of war, or of how much she understood and sympathized with his loneliness. He didn't know how much he could truly find love in her. So when she asked him what her name should be, his first thought was Joy.

Everyday, as he used his new found inspiration to create more of his artwork, and to use the confidence from this to support and advocate for peace during the civil war, Joy would be there to encourage him, greeting the angry crowds with her creaseless smile and infinite beauty, all the while comforting Pini whenever a speech would go awry with her radiating kindness. It stayed this way for a while, with a few breaks between Pini's public speeches. However, as time passed and the war worsened, it seemed Joy had decided to take matters into her own hands. Going to the basement of his home, where the other model dolls and mannequins were since Joy's creation, she kneeled beneath two smaller forms and spoke to them. And as the days went by, they grew more and more lively. She told them stories about her and Pini trying to change the world around them, about her excitement about seeing the world for herself as he began to push towards happiness and peace. She told about the events of the world beyond their home, beyond the mountains of the silver-haired Pride City, and across the ocean to The Great Beyond, home of the Gods who created them.

She spoke for hours as Pini slept, praying for them to wake up, to help them save the citizens of this small town from the devastation of the war for when it eventually comes, hoping that a Aazre can summon others to help them. And as he was nearing the idea that she had wasted her time, they spoke. They blinked and breathed with a new life that hadn't been there before. They seemed aloof about what they were, but Joy didn't mind that. She scooped the two small bodies, the boy had the body of a reptile and the girl had body of a mammal, and nearly wept at their very existence. After a moment of thought to clear her mind and to ponder of who they are and what their names should be, she had decided to make them her siblings, her equals, and named them Kertu and Alondra.