CHAPTER FOUR

As the survivors celebrate their victory with drinks, Nina remembers the folder she found back at the cabin. She stares at the title labeled: Project Beast. She opens the folder, her eyes become wide with terror. What she is seeing cannot be unseen. Nina closes the folder and whispers "It's not over,"

"What did you say babe?" Levi asks.

"Well since there are no more of those ugly bastards running around. If you don't mind I'm going to take a walk and take a whiff of the smell of the fresh air," Skylar says.

"No wait!" Nina yells. Skylar opens the door and is impaled in her chest by a creature. Everyone starts to scream in terror. Nina grabs ahold of the cue stick and begins stabbing the creature to death until it took its last breath.

"Nina, you better start talking," Billie says.

"How did you know that was going to happen?" Aaliyah asks.

"Bigger question is how many are out there?" Nina asks, holding the folder in her hand and slamming it down on the coffee table. Levi grabs the folder as the group gathers around. "They did experiments for who knows why. All I know is that I want to get the hell out of here as fast as possible and I need everyone's help. Who's with me?" Nina says. They all agree with Nina. They all just want to go back to their regular lives not fight off some kind of beast.

"We wait until the police arrive, so we can get the fuck out of here for good. Never look back on this place again."

The deputy arrives on the scene, passing Asher and Skylar's dead bodies. The remaining survivors see the deputy through the window. A creature hangs over him, as the deputy is looking around for any signs. He hears the survivors banging on the window, trying to warn him. He turns around and is face to face with the creature. The creature slits the deputy's throat with its claws. Blood seeps out from the wound as the deputy tries to put pressure on his throat. The creature drags him into the forest.

"Looks like our one way ticket out of this hellhole is gone," Brooklyn spoke.

"No. I'm not giving up hope. We'll escape. All of us. Together," Nina grabs her bag and swings it over her shoulder.

"Babe, what are you doing?" Levi asks, worryingly.

""I'm going to get help."

"Are you crazy? You almost died back there. You can't keep risking your life to save people," Levi yells.

"It's either that or we sit here and wait for those things to finish us off. We need to be ready. Fight back if we have to. I'm not going to lose you or anyone else. I'm sick of losses and I'm sick of those things. Any volunteers?"

"I'll go. Skylar was my friend. I'll do anything for her. She risked her life to go out there and find supplies. It's time I step up to the plate." Paisley says.

"Me too," Kennedy says.

"What? No way!" Brooklyn says, disagreeing with Kennedy.

"One of us has to step up to the plate. It'll be my to shine. Brooklyn, I know you're scared and I am too but you're my best friend. You'd do it for me."

"I'll make sure she is protected. Asher was my best friend and now he is gone. Maybe, I'll see him again someday," Hunter says.

"I'm going with you all." Nicholas finally steps up to the plate.

"Dad no!" Connor says.

"Listen to me, son. I lost your mother and you may lose me too but I assure you, we will meet again."

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, Connor."

Nina smiles at the group of survivors. They have officially become stronger together. They are united. Even if not many of them will make it out alive. At least, they had each other before they died. "Let's go before the sun goes down."

As Nina's group is walking in the forest, they follow the trail back to the cabin. They grab whatever weapons they could find. Creatures then begin to fall from the trees. The group begins to fight off the creatures managing to kill some of them but Paisley is mauled by a creature. Kennedy slashes the creature but no damage is done. She raises the machete once more but the creature gets the upper hand and shoves its claws inside her stomach, killing her. Nina and Hunter scream for their friends' death.

Hunter runs toward the creature but it grabs Hunter's head, ripping it clean. Blood pouring out of his headless corpse. Nina mourns her losses but tries her best to fight off the creature but it pushes her to the floor. Nicholas charges at the creature but the creature stabs him in his stomach with its claws and slashes his stomach, spilling out his intestines. Nina eyes fill with tears. The creature scratches Nina's stomach, wounding her but not before Nina can stab the creature in its throat. The creature drops to the floor, dead. Nina hurries up and loads the bag with weapons and rushes back to the cabin.

 Nina hurries up and loads the bag with weapons and rushes back to the cabin