Avery nodded her head. "I understand."

"Make sure you eat and get plenty of rest." I said firmly, thinking of how much weight she's lost. "If you need anything at all call me or the front desk."

"Okay, I will."

"Well, at least we have today off. Did you want to do anything?"

Avery shook her head. "No, I do have some work I would like to catch up on before tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll be in my study as well then." I felt a little disappointed. Although, going out wasn't much of an option considering the press and paparazzi were hanging out front.

We cleaned up and went our separate ways.
I sat in my chair and read over my files. I've had some business deals fall through and didn't understand why or how. We are of course the best in the business.

Was someone poaching my clients?

Not to mention Mr. Denner is quite persistent in trying to get a raise in profits and stocks.

Thankfully the deals that have fallen through were small time clients.
Most of my main earners were loyal.
I've also had some acquisitions and investments taken right from under me. That had potentially lost me millions.

I ran a hand through my hair and thought about who kept doing this.
Adley? No, it wouldn't benefit him. Especially after the contract. He couldn't interfere with my business.

Denner? Possibly. He's greedy enough, but he wouldn't be able to pull it off himself.

I sighed and picked up my phone and punched in the number.
After a few rings it was picked up.

"Yo!" Sam's overly perky voice came through. "What can I do for you on this fine Sunday?"

"I need you to investigate into the deals and investments being pulled from under me."

"Okay. Just send me the required information and I'll get to it." He said before his tone turned mischievous. "Oh, how's that honey of yours going?"

"Fine." I said flatly.

"That she is." He laughed. "Anyway, I'm still building a file on Adley, the fire and those rumours.
The problem with the fire is, those files have been sealed. The only information on the public record is what we already know." He was clearly annoyed by this. "It's going to take time."

I sighed. Maybe I gave him too much work. "Do what you can. Start working on who's taking my clients."

"Aye aye Mon Capitan!" I rolled my eyes and hung up.

Sam's my oldest friend. He and I had gotten each other through some rough times. He always had a penchant for finding secrets and information.

I heard rushed foot steps and a light knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened to reveal Avery out of breath and in the process of slipping her heels on.

"There's been a PR problem at work. Something happened in one of our shipping warehouses." She rushed out. "Because it has to do with the project and you're now tied with us, you may want to be prepared."

Sure enough my phone rang. "Okay, I'll take you to the office on my way to mine." I said before answering my phone. Avery rushed off to get her belongings.

"Clara?"

"Sir, Adley Corporations has had an accident."

"I know, I'll meet you at the office and prepare the PR team. We'll need to meet with Adley Corporations later today."

"Yes Sir, I'll see you soon."

I walked to my room and slid on a shirt and suit.

Walking downstairs I saw Avery with a frown tapping away on her cell.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes of course." She said and hoisted her bag onto her shoulder.

We entered the lobby where a car was already waiting. My security team held the hoards of reporters and paparazzi back.
I pulled Avery closer to my side. These guys had a tendency to get handsy when they're desperate.

We made it to the car and I waited for  Avery before doing so myself.

"I'll have Clara contact you when we are more organised and have a clear picture on what happened."

Avery nodded. My security detail had already arrived to clear a path.

"Did Adley organise security?" I asked.

"Yeah, about that... I told him it wasn't necessary." She said and frowned at her phone.

I clenched my jaw. "Of course it is Avery!"

"I'll see you later Oliver." She said and rushed out when the car stopped.

I ran a hand down my face and continued to the office.