Crime of Rejection; three

I heard Mark Lee's from Canada! How cool is that?

Donghyuck slammed his tray down on the table. He had just barely survived listening to Mr. Zhang in Mathematics, droning on and on about sines, cosines, and tan. He didn't get a single fucking thing.

So, as a consequence, he ended up in a bad mood. He is pretty sure that it could be named 'Men's Period' because he sure as fuck, feels shitty. His constant modd swings didn't help either, it made him feel even bitchier than usual. To his suprise though, his usual friends weren't at the table yet.

The absence of NoRenMin is basically a call for trouble.

Donghyuck sighs. He never had to eat lunch alone unless Renjun had to go back to China to visit his cousin, Jaemin had some volunteering to do, and Jeno, participating in charity fundraisers. Donghyuck didn't do much work, but he liked to think he was the smartest out of the four.

He could keep that claim as long as Huang Renjun isn't within hearing range. As he learned from experience, Renjun might or might not have a damn choking kink.

Donghyuck?” Ah, the voice of an angel has decided to bless his ears. Kim Sungkyung probably passed by his table and decided to grace him with his presence. Donghyuck averted his eyes from his food- he was playing with it, and it was normal, but people like Sungkyung must have taken it the wrong way. Like a bad mood.

Granted, he is in a bad mood. But not to the extent, where he'll potentially embarass himself in front of his crush. Not when she could still develop any dislike towards him just because of some simple misunderstanding. Women sometimes speak more with emotions than logic.

Why he believes it to be so? Because of Ko Eunji. She used to be his best friend, but after he muttered a small 'you are the most annoying person I have ever met' under his breath, but he swears it was never directed at her. But up until now, she hates his guts.

Proof of that, she's currently sitting on a table across his, facing him directly. Her hard glare directed heavily at him. It still unnerved a lot of people, because Koeun is a nice person, affable and sweet, but everytime Donghyuck enters her vicinity, she turns into a she-demon.

But Donghyuck doesn't really give a fuck. Stopped convincing her otherwise, after she snapped his eyeliner. I mean, like, bitch you can go on the fuck with your life, but don't touch my damn eyeliner.

They haven't been talking with each other for quite a long time, and they aren't planning to.

“Will you mind if I eat with you? Hina and Herin are all done, if I'm not mistaken. A-also, I wanted to see if you are doing fine” Sungkyung says in concern, sitting down in front of him. Blocking Koeun's face from view, which Donghyuck is so thankful for.

“It's fINe with me- sorry about that” Donghyuck blushed in embarassment. His voice having gone a few notes higher out of nervousness. Sungkyung did not laugh, instead an understanding smile was on her face. “Don't be embarassed Donghyuck! I understand where you are coming from. It's just me, Lami.”

Just Lami? You are more than that, Donghyuck thinks. He feels a rush of affection for the girl in front of him. “How are you such a nice person Lami? You make me feel so inadequate with me and my potty mouth” Donghyuck pouts. He had completely forgone eating.

He does not feel like eating anymore. Sungkyung sitting in front of him, talking with him normally, and presented with this opportunity, why should he eat?

Sungkyung giggles. A cute little giggle that sends the butterflies lying dormant in Donghyuck's stomach aflutter. She truly is breath-taking. Her eyes closed, and head thrown back as pure joy crosses her face.

“Oh my. You are literally the cutest thing ever Donghyuck. I... I don't deserve you. You deserve someone better than me.” Donghyuck internally winces at that. Sungkyung just straight up rejected him a second time, even if it was unintentional. But still, it hurt.

If he imagines hard enough, he can see some of the butterflies wilt and lose their wings.

It's not your fault Lami. You are Jeno's girlfriend. I would never come between you and my best friend. It is like, against our pact. Besides, you make him happy and a much more engaging person” said Donghyuck. He hates how awfully fake he sounded. With all that false-cheeriness he most definitely did not feel. But Sungkyung seemed to be buying it, as she nodded her head vigorously.

I sincerely wish you the best Donghyuck! Anyone would be blessed to have you” she says encouragingly.

But I want you, Donghyuck thinks sadly.

03/06/19
published

03/07/19
edited