⠀⠀➳♡゛❛𝐇𝐄𝐑: 𝙄'𝙢 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮

"I just want to freeze, I can give you more than what you want.
Now I see you standing all alone,
I never thought the world would turn to stone."

❝♛❞

❝♛❞

"Love, I am here! Listen to me."

I had a dream.

The world was spinning beneath me and everything around me was a kaleidoscope of bright lights amidst the dark night. It was silent, almost as if I've gone deaf, but I wasn't because right from a distance I saw you standing and desperately calling for me.

"Love, please?" I heard you beg, but you couldn't take a step forward nor could you hold out your hands to me. You were glued from where you were standing as men in black robes were stopping you on your tracks and held you away from me.

And just as I was about to run to you, my alarm rang off and I was brought back to reality.

New York, NY, U.S.A
07:00 AM Friday

It was 7:00 AM and I have classes in 2 hours, but this morning felt empty without your kisses and your smile to wake me up and greet me good morning.

How can I ever fill this void in my heart desperately longing for someone it can't see nor touch?

I sat up and stretched my arms high before I lazily picked my phone up from the bedside table to check if I have received any messages from you.

There was none.

All that was there was the "I love you" message you sent me yesterday morning. And I could do nothing but just heave a deep sigh and sent you the usual morning message.

They warned me about this. University life is going to be a tough ride. It's going to stress the hell out of me. It's going to take much of my energy and time. There would be no time for romances. Long distance relationships wouldn't work.

"You are smart, girl. You should've cut it off. If he loves you, he would understand."

"If you're really meant for each other, you would end up together no matter what."

"Career over love, honey. Situations like this requires mind over heart."

And, of course, being confident as I usually am, I refused to heed whatever they told me.

I was a responsible woman who always make it sure that I manage my time well. "Time is gold" was more than just a slambook motto for me. It was my mantra and my life decisions mostly depended on that one particular statement.

Time was as important as my breathing. It shouldn't be put into waste.

So, you could imagine the assurance I gave my parents when they asked me to choose between love and career. Without thinking much about it, I chose both because I knew I could handle and balance those two.