{1} You found me

I didn't want to move, I didn't want to get out of bed, I just felt so helpless. This relationship consists of fighting, screaming, crying and being angry even getting hit.

I met my fiancé James Moore five years ago, I met him through my older brother Danny since they both work together in the 54 department as a Detective, Danny was the one who actually set us up.

Me and James dated for 3 years and then he asked me to marry him on my birthday, but now I hate mine and Joe's birthday.

James wasn't always abusive, there was a time in his life were he was nice and loving but now it's just painful. I see this happening all the time and I see how hard is it to talk about it and get out of a relationship.

I work in the Special Victim Unit, my partner is Dominick Carisi Jr, or as we like to call him Sonny, he's the best partner ever.

You would think that I'd be able to speak up but I'm not it's just so hard to. I had to miss work today because of how bad the bruise is that's on my cheek.

Like I just physically can't cover it up, which sucks, cause I always have to tell my dad that I can't come over to dinner tonight, which I never miss.

I picked up and placed the phone to my ear and called my dad waiting for him to pick up the phone and answer I know he's busy working.

"Hey Sweetie." My dad said through the phone. "How are you feeling? I heard you took off of work cause you aren't feeling well." I faked a cough.

"Hey dad. I could be feeling better I feel really sick, and I won't be able to make it to dinner."

"You won't-" I cut him off as there was a bang on my door.

"Hold on dad." I placed my phone down on the counter and walked to the door. I looked out the door hole and it was my partner Sonny Carisi and Peter Stone the ADA.

"Katelyn?! What are you doing, you have to testify today!" I heard Sonny say.

"I can't." I coughed. "I'm sick."

"I'm going to give you 10 mins to get ready and if you aren't out this door in 10 minutes I will kick down the door myself." I sighed, and headed to my bedroom.

I put on my work uniform, and my shield around my neck. I washed around my face and nose getting all the blood off.

I went back out and picked my phone up. "I have to go dad." With that I hung up. I opened my door, and stepped out locking it.

"Katelyn what happened?!" Peter said not to happy. "Who did this to you?" He said about to touch my cheek but I moved back falling into Carisi arms.

"Just forget about it." I faked a smile. "I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I walked down stairs and into the car getting into the back seat of Carisi car.

• • •

I went before the Judge, it was me, Peter and the Judge in the room. I sat in the chair waiting for the judge to say something that I was going to like.

"Would you like to explain what happened to your face, and why your all beat up?" He said, my eyes drifted to the floor, ashamed.

"No your honor I can not tell you why my face is all beat up." I felt so worthless and maybe I was, maybe this is a sign for me.

"Look at me when your talking to me." I picked my head up and faced him.

"No your honor." I looked at him when I talked again. "I can not tell you why my face is all beat up." Fear that's what my eyes showed. Fear. Nothing else.

"Alright." He placed his hands on the table. "I'm going to post pone the trial today, I want to see you new week, not with a beat up face."

"Thank you your honor." I stood up and walked out of his office. Peter followed me downstairs out to this car.

He placed his hand on my arm but I flinched away, afraid.

"Katelyn." He said softly. "What happened?" Peter always cared about me and I loved that,

"Peter I'm fine, okay?" He shook his head. "I just slipped and fell on the floor." His eyes drifted to my face. I went into the car and put my sweatshirt on with the hood over my face.

"I don't believe you." He said getting into the passenger seat.

"You don't have to." I closed my eyes wanting to forget everything. Everything in the whole world.