"We should get going." I sighed, pulling away from him to check my watch.

"We probably should. Miami will lose it if we're later than we already are." He agreed with a giggle, checking his reflection as we began to walk to the door. He wasn't wrong. We were all meant to arrive in the US at the same time, having time to rehearse and prepare before our first show. Miami lost it when he found out John and I didn't go with the others on the first plane, he was fuming that we "put the whole tour in jeopardy" apparently. We had two days from today before we needed to be stage ready, and we hadn't even practiced any songs from News of the World together yet! We were cutting it fine, we all knew that, but we did what needed to be done, and the first show of a tour is always going to be a little bit rocky. We'd have to push our luck a bit, but I don't doubt that we'd pull the show off without too many hitches! I just hoped that John was feeling up to playing that night because we couldn't let the fans or Miami down.

*FREDDIE'S POV*
"Are they here yet?" I asked Brian, pacing my hotel room as he kept watch at the peephole in the door (at my request). Roger and John we're finally flying in today, meaning I could actually talk to John! Finally, after what felt like such a long time, he'd be here! And he'd be sober too! I couldn't wait.

"Fred, as I said 5 minutes earlier, I will tell you when they are here." Brian chuckled his response. "Calm down will you." I just waved off his comment and continued pacing, my stomach churning a little. I was nervous. Rog called Bri after we landed here the other day and explained what was going on. He said John was sick, but was willing to try and get better, which filled me with slight relief. I don't know how anything would work if he didn't want to beat his addiction. I wanted to stay with him, despite many arguments from Brian over the last three days, I still wanted to be with John. He wasn't himself when he hit me. He's never done anything more than curse in front of me when he was sober. He wouldn't hurt a fly, literally, there's no way him off this stuff would do something like that again.

"D-Do you think he'll want to see me?" I questioned, stopping my walking to look at him again. My face had got a little better since Bri pointed out the purplish colour of my cheek on the plane. It was still very prominent in the middle, but the swelling was gone and the edges were fading ever so slightly.

"I'm sure he will Freddie." Brian sighed, almost sounding annoyed, not bothering to look at me as he stared at the floor. He wasn't happy with me being so excited to see my love. He was still angry over what happened. I do understand why, but him being mad about John hurting me is hypocritical since I'm still trying to get over what he did all those years ago. It's like he seemed to forget that part of the story, that he hurt me to.

"Please don't me cross with me." I mumbled, hating that he was so moody. "I, I just want things to be normal again. I just want to be with my boyfriend Bri. Just like you want to be with Rog."

"Roger didn't fucking hit me though, did he?!" He snapped back suddenly, taking me by surprise. He stared me, almost angrily, his eyes burning into mine. His glare was intense and it scared me a little. "I don't understand Freddie. Why would you stay with him? He doesn't deserve it, hell, he doesn't deserve you!"

"Don't talk like that about John!" I said back, now raising my voice. "He deserves all the love in the world, and I'm going to give it to him. He fucked up Brian, yes, we are all aware of that, but darling that doesn't mean he can't change. That he won't be better from now on." I said seriously, watching as his expression stayed the same.

"You can't just wake up one day and not be drug addicted anymore Freddie. It takes time to be completely recovered, and he's bound to relapse. What are you going to do then, when he comes at you again because he's back on those things?!"