CHAPTER 11

ALLY POV

I run down the school hallway and almost trip. The bell had rung 10 minutes ago; yes I'm that tardy. The hallway is absolutely empty as I get my books out of my locker. Turning around, I find Nate behind me.

"What do you want Nate?" I ask impatiently trying to turn away but he blocks my way.

"Go out with me," he simply states. He is so determined. I open my mouth to decline but before I can get the words out he interrupts

"Before you give your answer, have in mind that you have two choices; if you choose no, I'll carry you to my car and we'll have our date anyway but you'll miss school and if you choose yes, i'll see you after school and we'll still go on a date but either way, we're going out today. The choice is yours," he finishes, still blocking my path.

"That's not much of a choice," I retort.

"I know," he simply replies with a smirk.

"Fine i'll go out with you. Happy?" I ask walking off.

"Very," he shouts after me.

I break into a run to my first class. As soon as I open the door, all eyes fall on me. The teacher looks at me and makes his way to his desk to pull out a detention slip.

"Well miss Dawson what's your excuse this time?" he asks smugly.

"Cute story. It started about a week ago whe-"

"You know what, I don't want to hear it," he says as he writes in the detention slip.

"Mr Dallas do you really want to spend another hour with me after school?" I ask.

Mr Dallas hates my guts because I and Jason always played pranks on him.  He pauses a moment, deep in thought.

"You make a good point miss Dawson, but detention it is," he says uncertainly, handing me the slip. If I push it, he'll let me off the hook but then, I'll have to go on the date. Oh well; I take the slip and head to my seat.

LAURA POV

School ends and I go to my locker to put some of my books back. I haven't seen Dave the whole day; he's no doubt skipping school...again.

As I open the locker, a small sheet of paper falls out. I pick it up and stare at it in shock

'TIMES UP' is all it says. I stare around, looking through the crowd but everyone remains oblivious. No doubt it was sent by Jake, I'm going to have to watch my back.

ALLY POV

I stare at Mr Dallas in silence. Occasionally, he looks up and continues writing, clearly uncomfortable. I just keep staring. He looks up and finally bursts out

"Miss Dawson do you have a problem? "

"Nope," I simply say, still staring at him. He looks at the clock: its 15 minutes to detention over and turns back towards me.

"Miss Dawson, I think you've learnt your lesson; you may go," he says.

I pick up my bag and head out the class.

The hallway is almost empty as everyone has gone home. In a corner I spot some players chatting amongst themselves but Nate isn- Nate! I almost forgot the date. I have to get out of here without anyone noticing and if I slip out quietly, I can get to my car and drive out.

I walk carefully but being the clumsy bitch I am, I trip and almost fall but the sound catches their attention. I run outside to my car and open the door; I made it! I actually made it!

"Ally," I hear Nate's voice behind me.

"Hey Nate," I reply miserably.

"I've been waiting for you; come on, go to the passenger side I'll drive," he says.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Its a surprise," he replies getting in the car. I follow him and we drive off.

***

He parks in the abandoned waterslide where I normally skate.

"You skate?" I ask astonished.

"Yes and I figured skating is what you love to do most...besides pranking of course," he replies.

"I didn't bring any gear," I say.

"I thought ahead. I have everything we'll need; helmets, pads, you name it," he replies.

15 MINUTES LATER

I and Nate stand side by side, all geared up.

"Ok rules of this game; I make a move, you repeat then you make a move, I repeat. We do this until one of us loses. So...ready to lose?" he asks smugly.

"You wish," I reply curtly and we skate. I rotate from ollies to frontside flips to backside flips and he does the same. He does the kickturn, the 50-50 grind and I follow. I gotta admit, he's way better than I thought. I've never felt so alive. After a while, he stops.

"Well I'll call this a tie, what do you say?"

"I say next time, we do this on a hill,"

"Next time?" he asks surprised. I can't believe i just said that.

"Today has been awesome.Thanks," I say appreciatively.

"Any time," he replies.

We actually had fun. Maybe next time when we- next time! I did it again.

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT