Chapter 2

Yay, the second chapter! I know it doesn't seem like it but this is pretty fast for me to get a chapter done! :) So this is the chapter to get the true action going. After this chapter things should start to get interesting and deeper into what will be happening for the rest of the story ;3 Thank you for reading and please give a comment if you like it <3 Enjoy

The sun was a mirage of colors, splayed out above me like a stained glass window. All swaying and squirming across my vision as if alive, bleeding into each other as they danced about one another. This dance of oranges, yellows, and reds was outlined by the crystalline blue of water. The coolness of the blue touched the heat of the red and together gave the feeling of summer.

            As I gazed up at this mixture of colors I felt my lungs begin to ache with the lack of oxygen and I knew my time was up. I kicked off the bottom and paddled up towards the sky.

            I broke the surface with a large intake of breath spraying water in all directions as I shook off my head back and forth. I tried to wipe the excess water out of my eyes with my large, clumsy paws but only succeeded in getting more water in them. I grunted in annoyance as my body bobbed in the water from its natural buoyancy keeping me afloat yet slightly off balanced. So after a few minutes of bobbing about I finally decided to just begin floating on my back with my head looking up into the clear blue sky.

            Today was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I was enjoying myself in my large natural swimming pool after a long week at school.

I had spent the better part of two years building the natural pool and I now enjoyed it practically seven days a week. At its deepest point it was 15 feet down for I enjoyed, more often than not, swimming in bear form as I was doing today. I have always enjoyed being on four legs instead of two and whenever I can you will often find me walking around on four paws.

The cool water was relaxing after a rough week of school.

After the incident with the bobcat and wolf there had been a large brawl in the cafeteria between wolves and cats. Apparently it had started with a couple snide comments from both sides about the previous fight that ended in an all-out war. The staff was forced to call a couple alphas and pride leaders to help break it up. It ended with a lot of patients for me to say the least and I was fairly busy at the end of it all mending bloody noses and broken bones.

And as if that wasn't enough every time I found myself alone for even a moment I would turn around and Tom would be there practically dry humping my leg. I would do my best to avoid him but it seemed he always knew where I was and would do his best to get on my 'good' side with his 'sexiness'.

Gross.

But thankfully the weekend came in the nick of time, or I would have probably neutered the horn dog and not with sterilized instruments either. But now I didn't have to worry about any of that. I was a free bear for two whole days to do as I wished.

I gazed up into the sky and watched as the thick cotton candy clouds leisurely floated across the sky. It was a calm and peaceful day with the birds singing in the trees and the small wildlife scurrying from one place to the other. I could have fallen asleep to the soft sounds of the woods as my lullaby if not for my head hitting the side of the pool unexpectedly.

I flinched badly and was dunked under the water and began to sink to the bottom only then did I begin frantically kicking to reach the top again. As my head broke the surface I spluttered and coughed sending out a spray of water from my nose and mouth. I paddled over to the edge and rested my paws on the side of the pool as I huffed and heaved, trying to clear my mouth and nose of water. The huffs and grunts soon turned to chortles of laughter as I realized how funny I must have looked. A giant polar bear flipping out in water in the middle of a forest.