Jungkook figures out what's going on and surprisingly he grows a little confidence and belief in himself to make the start for her and give her a stepping stone.

"Do you...happen to be an A.R.M.Y.?" he asks right when Y/N is about to give up and apologize to him before leaving.Y/N raises her eyes to look into his soft ones, his head is cocked a tiny bit to the side and a small, caring and a warm smile is softly sitting on his lips. It almost makes her feel comfortable.

If only she was a little bit more immune to that smile she may have been able to resurrect her logic. Nonetheless, she needs to give him an answer.

"Ah...," she flashes him an embarrassed smile while looking down at the floor not being able to focus on his eyes, or face in general, "Am I that obvious? I'm sorry, I hope I'm not making you feel uncomfortable."

"I could never feel uncomfortable by a humble A.R.M.Y. like you," the smile on his face grows when he sees the hint of a blush appear on her cheeks while she purses her lips in attempts of keeping her smile from showing. A strong pang is felt on Jungkook's chest and his knees nearly give out on him.

Just let me hug you already- He begs, but such a thing is impossible.

There's a lot of ice to break first. But it appears that while trying to break it, he's adding more in between them; By uncovering the fact that she is an A.R.M.Y. it's as if he restricted the conversation solemnly on idol-fan grounds. Confronting him as his soulmate, from her side, would look more convincing if he didn't know she is his fan, he thinks.

Ah, Jungkook, you keep messing up.

"So what did you want to tell me?" he asks, trying to get her to say the words he wants her to. Beseeching in his mind that she hasn't changed her mind he adds, "Don't worry, you can tell me literally anything."

And then Y/N freezes again. But somehow his words help her control herself and this time form proper sentences, she's not going to let this chance go.

"Well...," she begins, interlacing her fingers while pausing for a moment to gather her thoughts.

In the meantime, Jungkook's breath gets caught in his throat feeling like this is the moment he's been waiting for. It's as if his lungs magically stopped working when they were fine the fifth of a second ago, but he's not letting it show.

"I'd like to thank you...again, but for a completely different reason," she explains while fumbling with her fingers.

Suddenly Jungkook feels as if his whole world is going to fall apart. This doesn't look like it's going where he was hoping it would. Thank him? Thank him for what? Being her soulmate? That doesn't make sense. She doesn't have anything to be thankful for, yet.

His eyebrows furrow in confusion and he shows his trouble which has Y/N thinking that she's being annoying towards him but it doesn't stop her. She came this far, she might as well go all the way.

"You probably hear this quite a lot and I'm probably just another fan being added to that pile," she explains, desperately avoiding eye contact with him, because if she looks deep into his eyes and sees that she'll see a dead and boring feel in them, as she fears, she'll cower out,

"But...until a year ago...I had serious difficulty with...expressing my emotions."

Jungkook perks up to the sound of this. Does she probably wanna refer to the time they got their link back together again? Could this talk probably end up to her confessing as his soulmate? He stays silent and lets her talk.

"However, the time you uploaded the cover of Ending Scene," she chuckles, "Which is funny because it was exactly one year ago, it was a turning point for me. Somehow, you managed to pull me out of...whatever I was in- And not only then, most of the time you manage to do that--which is pretty scary sometimes I must admit--" by this point, her eyes are stinging and she's keeping her voice straight and stable with huge difficulty.