Chapter 6: A plan and an old friend?

Start from the beginning

Nezu placed his tee cup "carefully" on his desk while wiping his lips with a napkin.

Nezu: Hello (y/n)! I was about to call you to come here!

(y/n): That's good because I'd like to talk to you about something.

Nezu: Try be quick, there is someone in your office waiting for you.

(y/n): Who?

Nezu: Do you remember Smoker? 

This was something that surprised you a little. Smoker usually talks to you only when it comes to major problems. You and Smoker used to be friends before. But like most of the people in the world, Smoker disapproved your methods and that generated conflicts between you two.

(y/n): Smoker? Why is he here?

Nezu: He didn't want to tell me. But I think you wanted to talk about something else.

(y/n): Right, I almost forgot!

You took a notebook out of your jacket's pocket and showed it to Nezu. Nezu started reading the case you were preparing against Endeavor while putting a hand on his chin.

Nezu: Marital abuse and family negligence? (y/n), what's this about?

(y/n): My childhood friend, Rei Todoroki, suffered many types of abuse from the supposed "hero" number two, Enji Todoroki. Since then Rei is living in a psychiatric hospital because of that bastard! What I'm trying to accomplish-

Nezu: I understand where are you going with this. You want my help and probably All Might's help too with this case. 

(y/n): Yeah...

Nezu: (y/n)... No matter how brutal your methods are, you have saved the lives of many people throughout your time as a hero. And that is precisely why I'm willing to help you. But I must ask you, are you sure about this? You know that the consequences will be big if this doesn't go well?

(y/n): I'm very aware of the consequences... But I'm more aware of how Rei will spend the rest of her life if I don't do anything.

Nezu: Alright then, you have my support! But for now, you'd better go to your office and talk to Smoker. And don't worry about All Might! I'll talk to him about this later!

(y/n): Thanks...

You left Nezu's office, leaving the director alone with his thoughts. Nezu took a sip from his tea while thinking about the way you were talking when you mentioned Rei Todoroki.

Nezu(mind): (y/n) cares way too much for her, it's sounds like he is in love with her...

(little time skip)

You headed to your office while you were wondering what Smoker might want. It's been two years since you and Smoker talked to each other, why would he want to talk to you now? Once at the door, you could see smoke coming out of your office.

(y/n): That bastard...

You opened the door of your office and saw Smoker sitting at your desk while smoking two cigars.